• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-34 Cockpit Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Howdy from Corpus. Here's a pic of the T-34 front cockpit that I made to help me with the fast-approaching CPT1. I just noticed that my kneeboard strap is covering up the clock and torque indicator. Attention to detail or some trash like that.

Here's the link: (for some reason my hosting company doesn't allow direct linking to the file... so...)

Right Click -------->Save Target As

Frumby

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Pretty soon you can buy one for 1.2 mil. T-34B's are a much better deal at 750,000. Frumby

Attack Pilot
Major USMC

wali

Major;
What kind of aircraft do you fly? Also, why such a high cost for a propeller craft that has been used up. Also, does the navy intends to replace the T-34's with something else. Also, what's the deal with JSF. Is is true that it's meant to replace Herriers and Hornets?

wali

Thanks Matt;
Really appreciate the info. By when do you suspect all of the T-2 Buckeye squadorns be fully replaced by T-45s. Also, if you are a Hornet Driver, like in your case, you would end up flying the JSF or Super Hornet, right? And How about all the Tomcats, are they going to be replaced by something?
Ali

wali

Thanks Again Matt;
Does the Navy Participate in "Red Flag" or "Green Flag", and I guess the "William Tel" competetions? If yes, have you participated in either one? Also, what is the Navy's equivalant of the Air Force's "WEAPON SCHOOL."
I, again, appreciate all of the info and answers you have provided. Get those three cables.
Ali

Edited by - wali on 01/26/2002 02:25:52

Paul Draper

1.2 mil? OMG, I just fell out of my chair! Just FYI, here's what about 1.2 mil will buy you on the warbird market (these are the going prices for NICE restored planes.)

P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, T-2B Buckeye, A-4C Skyhawk, P-38 Lightning, A-7 Corsair II, these are just the planes around 1 mil. there are many below. And all of these have more appeal than a T-34c.

For those who remember me...The PRK waiver didn't work out for me. I was just outside the Pre-Op limits, and they wouldn't give me the green light for PRK. Oh well, as luck would have it, the next day I got a call from my current boss offering me a job. I took it and I'm now using my engineering degree designing engine components for a very well known NASCAR race team. This is my dream "job", chances like this don't come along all that often. (and it came at a great time too!)

In my "free" time I'm helping to restore a B-25D Mitchell, which is awesome. It's a great experience to be able to learn about every inch of a plane by working on it. I'm not giving up on flying, but I guess I'll be doing to the civilian way now.

Good luck to everybody to the application process, and my best wishes go out to all those who are in the pipeline. Thanks to everyone on this board for the help and support. This site and forum are truely a great asset to aspiring Naval Aviators!

Thanks again, everybody!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Paul,

Sounds like everything has worked out for the best for you. Definitely wouldn't mind picking up a Lightning. You have any pics of that Mitchell you are restoring?

-- John

Paul Burke

I went to Maple Flag back in '94. It's a lot of fun watching what the guys from all the other countries do. The way the Germans did things on the flight line was nearly the complete opposite of the Navy way to do things. Their toolboxes looked worse than the one in my closet and they didn't mind if they were blown all over the place. It was a lot of fun. The base there has exceptionally good chocolate milk too.

Grunt

quote:
The base there has exceptionally good chocolate milk too.

Isn't it funny what you remember about places in the military? One of my most vivid recollections of the Army's Air Assault School that they used to have at Camp Gruber, OK was their fantastic mashed potatos in the dining facility.

Mike the Grunt

Grunt

quote:
Of course I was the only one eating them, since my metabolism goes out the roof, and all that sticks on me is muscle luckily!

You, my friend, should be shot ;)

Mike the Grunt

Status
Not open for further replies.