• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO VS Aviation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
If you truly love your job, and if that job is a source of happiness in your life, you could work 7 days a week 365 days a year and be fine IMO.

airpirate25

Grape Ape...Grape Ape
"Your vast experience in the Navy may lead you to think there are no standards, but my 18+ years of experience says you're mistaken. I've sat on a lot of qualification boards and I can say the length of the board is meaningless. Some Captains like to try and explore the limits of a candidates knowledge, and some Captains have their minds made up already based on what they've seen on the bridge and the deckplates."

...couldn't agree more; my OOD board was a fairly short event, but that was likely (and hopefully) becasue the CO had observed the last 10 or so evoloutions I stood U/I. PQS is PQS, some of it seems vauge and for many platforms, irrelevant, but it usually forces the qualified folks to dispense the "pearls" of wisdom that guide your progress. I fiished my PQS almost ten months before I stood the board, and within three months of arriving onboard...the CO's personal trust is key to getting your letter and pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.