• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Sweater

Is it retarded for a SNA to wear a SWO sweater?

• Yes

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
It's OK to wear a SWO sweater as long as you are sporting black shoes at the time...

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
The fact that I am totally confused by what can only be jargon born of a SWO existence makes me proud.

I thought I was the only one who had no idea what that post said.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
SWObortion - I love that. Presumably, it involves eating of one's young... while wearing a SWOter.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I wore black shoes to my check in at the FRS... then proceeded to explain, to the IP's, why this was acceptable. Needles to say, I earned my first (one of many) call-signs.

I do remember that event being discussed amongst the IP's!!

I thought I was the only one who had no idea what that post said.

Wow. That was hilarious.

The guy I know's friend has decided that it is not in his best interest to wear a SWO sweater. But thinking about it, I have seen a P-3 NFO CAPT wear a SWO sweater with SDB pants/shirt/tie. Also wasn't in Florida.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Nothing beats being a chop and getting to wear a SWOter and/or a flight jacket and not get spun up about either ^_^

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Nothing beats being a chop and getting to wear a SWOter and/or a flight jacket and not get spun up about either ^_^
Nothing? I wouldn't be too sure about that.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Not that I am considering doing it, BUT a guy I know may have a friend who is...

Is it retarded for a SNA to wear a SWO sweater?

Wearing a SWOter is almost as good of an idea as lying to an instructor. Both show increadible headwork and desire to be in Naval Aviation. Such creativity will be greatly rewarded with friendly sit down chats to congratulate such original thinking as well as discussions about where such innovative ideas will take such individuals during the lengthy career that they can look forward to having to in the community. ;)