• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Stat Opinion

csabol

Yes, that is a mistake I made. I first had my college transcripts mailed to myself, put them in my package and sent it off. Shortly thereafter I was informed that I needed to have the transcripts sent to a third party, which were then added to the package same as before, just sent to a different person other than myself.

SWOMan

My recruiter hasn't said anything about documented volunteer time, so I'm not sure it's something I should worry about

csabol

Well it isn't like it would hurt your chances, right? Better safe than sorry in my opinion but it is up to you at the end of the day.

bluehens15

On a side note....I currently have 10 to 11 lor.
You don't need that many. That's excessive. They won't read all of them. Better to have 3-4 amazing letters than 10-11 alright letters. If you need more letters it comes across as you needing more people to vouch for you. Pick the best 3-4 people, including officers

csabol

@bluehens15 ok that is better haha

@SWOMan I concur with bluehens15, a couple, well-written LORs will speak higher than a bunch of LORs that are not well written. I have not seen your current LORs so I am not meaning to diminish the weight of them, just trying to get a point across.

bluehens15

Plus I'm pretty sure the average time spent looking over an application at boards are only 3-4 minutes give or take

VWXThrasher378

Hey Everyone,

I am also in wrapping up my application for SWO and I would appreciate your insight in my stats. My recruiter is attempting to decided whether to submit my application to this board (whenever it is officially announced) or submit it to the subsequent board. Below are my stats:

-24 year old male
-3.86 GPA with major in accounting
- 45 OAR (This is the reason for all the doubt in the competitiveness of my application)
-Work experience in one of the Big Four Accounting firm
-4 Letters of Rec from a retired veteran (air force), an active duty Warrant Officer (army), college professor, and a volunteer coordinator
-I have a tattoo in my inner forearm.

What do you guys think? Should I give the OAR a 2nd try?

SWOMan

get out of here with your over achieving GPA. Please retake your OAR and go into something more competitive like Intel. You are making it harder for people like me. ( luckily/ unluckily, i won't be making this upcoming board) Your stats are on point besides OAR. Do you have one from your previous employer?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
The doc said that he thinks I was depressed about my parental situation. I never tried to harm myself. The medical record states that after 3 months of meds there was no signs of any issues and was going to continue medication for the remainder of the 6 month period. I'm hoping a note from the doctor I'm seeing this week helps my case

Plan on doing a Psych eval as part of the process as you move forward. They're becoming more and more common.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hey Everyone,

I am also in wrapping up my application for SWO and I would appreciate your insight in my stats. My recruiter is attempting to decided whether to submit my application to this board (whenever it is officially announced) or submit it to the subsequent board. Below are my stats:

-24 year old male
-3.86 GPA with major in accounting
- 45 OAR (This is the reason for all the doubt in the competitiveness of my application)
-Work experience in one of the Big Four Accounting firm
-4 Letters of Rec from a retired veteran (air force), an active duty Warrant Officer (army), college professor, and a volunteer coordinator
-I have a tattoo in my inner forearm.

What do you guys think? Should I give the OAR a 2nd try?

Apply as early and as often as possible for the jobs you want.