• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO lifestyle

exNavyOffRec

Is there an ideal time when i should try to submit my packet? I read "You should time your application so that you go to a board at the beginning of the navy’s fiscal year
SWO 63% acceptance rate (Jul14′ board) 97% acceptance rate (Sep14′ board)
If you wanted to apply as a SWO or Surface Warfare Officer, the difference in acceptance rates from the July board (near the end of fiscal year) and the September board (which picked quotas for the new fiscal year) is an impressive 34% points higher!"

is this fake news? or does applying at certain times give me a better chance at being accepted?

That Sept board would actually be in the middle of the FY selection, they start selecting for the next FY about March, that is where they will select for current FY and the next FY, often those who talk about trying to get in at the beginning of the FY are trying to apply enlisted recruiting thought process to officer recruiting. It is more likely the difference in selection percentages is due to more or less applicants at a specific board.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Not just NAMi whammy but also those who flunked out of flight school.

As R1 said, nobody ever flunked SWO and became an aviator. But there have been many who flunked aviator and became a SWO.
Is there even a school for SWO’s to flunk out of?

ndea

If i have a mediocre undergrad GPA would a master degree / post baccuhelorate coursework or certificate help me?
- would my MS overpower my BS?
- is my BS the most important part?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If i have a mediocre undergrad GPA would a master degree / post baccuhelorate coursework or certificate help me?
- would my MS overpower my BS?
- is my BS the most important part?

1. Have you talked to an OR yet?
2. If not, see #1.

You have a ton of questions and looking at your profile, need some good guidance with ways and means for submitting and getting you where you need to go.

Also more guidance: search. Your question is not the first and there’s boards/threads where you can see stats, including those who have gotten picked up.

CAMike

None
Contributor
0% of SWOs get jets.

GTE's in ships? LM-2500
Take a wild guess which company used a CF6 variant from a DC-10 and put 2 of them in the Oliver Hazardous Perry class frigates?
Ans: A LOT of SWO's get jets!

SharkBait

Is there even a school for SWO’s to flunk out of?
Yeah, you can flunk BDOC(basic division officer course) but they make it incredibly difficult, the only people who fail out are those not willing to read the teacher provided gouge and manditory "study sessions". You could fail to qualify as well, I guess that kind of counts.
GTE's in ships? LM-2500
Take a wild guess which company used a CF6 variant from a DC-10 and put 2 of them in the Oliver Hazardous Perry class frigates?
Ans: A LOT of SWO's get jets!
DDG/CG also have em