• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swo (iw,ip,ed,oceano)

Beefalo

I know some of those communities require specific requirements such as IW you must have an OAR of at least 45 and for OCEANO you need a degree in physical sciences or similitar. My question is do you need meet those requirements to go SWO IW or SWO OCEANO?

I should have my BA in Sociology next year and thinking of applying for OCS to go SWO. Can I also apply for SWO IW and SWO OCEANO? I read the 1420.1b enlisted to commissioning manual but didnt find a clear answer. Thank you.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
With regards to SWO Options the MILPERSMAN 1212 series provides excellent guidance about each of the programs. SWO/IW, SWO/Oceano, SWO/Intel, etc.

It was my understanding that if you ever intend to go Oceano you need an applicable degree. As for the OAR requirement I don't have good gouge on that since I'm not an OR, which is who you should be asking those types of questions.

I'll reiterate though that you should google MILPERSMAN 1212 and peruse through the options and find what best suits you and what you're qualified to do.

Good luck.

Beefalo

Thank you. the 1420.1b states any applicants interested in the intel communities must have an OAR of 45 or higher. I am assuming this applies to Intel, IW, and IP. I scored a 42 on my OAR so looks like Id have to retest to apply to those communities.