• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO FY-14 CLOSED

navy2014

Is this something that all ORs would know? Or is the fact that mine hasn't said anything despite being in contact about other things just a sign that my OR doesn't know?

exNavyOffRec

Is this something that all ORs would know? Or is the fact that mine hasn't said anything despite being in contact about other things just a sign that my OR doesn't know?

It all depends on communication I have talked to OR's who just waited for them to be told info so they were always a day late and dollar short.

jlr12

Have there been any updates on when and if they might select for fy 15 SWOs? I received word last week that I was Pro Rec Y for IW, and I am trying to decide if I should wait on the SWO board to convene, or move forward with IW. I really would like to serve as a SWO, but want to be a Navy officer no matter what.

navy2014

Have there been any updates on when and if they might select for fy 15 SWOs? I received word last week that I was Pro Rec Y for IW, and I am trying to decide if I should wait on the SWO board to convene, or move forward with IW. I really would like to serve as a SWO, but want to be a Navy officer no matter what.

I don't know any answers to your questions except to say that if I were you, I would take your IW selection and go with it. After a couple years, you will have talked to a lot more people and seen a lot more of SWO and your own job in action, and you will be able to decide if you want to transfer to SWO or not. It's really no secret that the highest # of lateral transfers are SWOs going to other things, so I think they'd probably let you go for it... Plus you have no idea how long you'll be waiting for SWO.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was a SWO. Take IW and don't look back.

azguy

None
I was a SWO. Take IW and don't look back.

+1

I'm a SWO too. IW is a good community. The old mantra, "you're a Naval Officer first and a SWO/Pilot/Info Dominator second" applies.

For the first time in history, SWO has become very competitive. It's great for our community, but I'm not entirely sure why. I know a USNA grad ('07ish) who wanted SWO but was "drafted" to pilot - twilight zone shit. Maybe my buddy Rubio or another recruiter can explain this madness.

jlr12

Thanks for your input Steve Wilkins and azguy. I am definitely going to take what you have said into consideration. I am going to wait a week before making a final decision, but both of you have pushed me a little closer to just taking what I already have, rather than trowing away an opportunity for something that might not pan out.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Gone are the days of having a 2.6 GPA and getting accepted in the SWO community.

Rumor has it on my end that many SWOs are gained through flight school attrites (redes through the POCR boards) or being medically DQ'd from OCS or flight school, so the quota for SWOs isn't as great as it normally has been for years.

ironhead79ltc

As for FY 15 SWO, start working on your kits! FY 15 accessions start with the July OCS classes so soon enough the boards will be looking for folks to take those spots!
Well what about us selected from the December board? Will we be looking for July/ August dates? Everyone seems to dodge giving a straight answer or simply is just guessing... They keep telling me I'm select ready just waiting on fy15 quotas

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Well what about us selected from the December board? Will we be looking for July/ August dates? Everyone seems to dodge giving a straight answer or simply is just guessing... They keep telling me I'm select ready just waiting on fy15 quotas

I say very likely so with a July/August OCS because now NRC needs to start shipping those (in this case you) who have been PROREC'd for SWO back in December. In the meantime hang in there and prepare mentally and physically for OCS.

ironhead79ltc

I say very likely so with a July/August OCS because now NRC needs to start shipping those (in this case you) who have been PROREC'd for SWO back in December. In the meantime hang in there and prepare mentally and physically for OCS.
Thank you sir I appreciate the info. The Xo of the LCS crew that I'm TAD to was unsure. Until then I'll be busy turning two and soaking up as much knowledge from the officers I work for until I leave

JamesL37

This information makes me happy. Thank you sir!

navy2014

As for FY 15 SWO, start working on your kits! FY 15 accessions start with the July OCS classes so soon enough the boards will be looking for folks to take those spots!

I'm sorry--I should really not need you to explain this at this point, but could you? Are you saying that people who haven't put in their kits yet (who will be FY 15)... could go to OCS this July?