• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board June 3, 2019

jbg37

Good morning everyone, and congratulations to all the Pro Rec-Y folks in here. Can someone please explain to me how much weight the initial Pro Rec carries? Does this make it somewhat of a guarantee, or are the final approvals more difficult to get? Again, congratulations to everyone, and good luck throughout the rest of the process!
I've been told it's like a 99% kind of thing. You're good to go assuming you don't pick up a DUI, or incur some debt, or fail your security clearance stuff, or get in a motorcycle accident.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning everyone, and congratulations to all the Pro Rec-Y folks in here. Can someone please explain to me how much weight the initial Pro Rec carries? Does this make it somewhat of a guarantee, or are the final approvals more difficult to get? Again, congratulations to everyone, and good luck throughout the rest of the process!

Sounds like a great question to ask your recruiter.

cskrad

Is there any way to find out the results without using BOL? I have been in transition from my command for the last few weeks, and now BOL is unavailable.

jbg37

So I have heard that we get an "unofficial" date in the same system as our pro-rec. That is, our recruiter would be able to pull up a date for us and inform us to that possibility prior to the FINSEL coming through. Is this accurate?

So I was pro rec Y for the April SWO board. I didn’t get an OCS date until the beginning of May. My OCS date is August 18th and no one from my board has received FINSEL’s yet. They told us to expect them a month before our scheduled OCS date. So basically any day now. Just wanted to shed light on my situation as a civilian.

jbg37

So I was pro rec Y for the April SWO board. I didn’t get an OCS date until the beginning of May. My OCS date is August 18th and no one from my board has received FINSEL’s yet. They told us to expect them a month before our scheduled OCS date. So basically any day now. Just wanted to shed light on my situation as a civilian.
Thank you.

mksparkman22

Pro Rec - Y

I was expecting to be on the 19 Aug board, but with this board getting pushed back to June 24 I was put up for review here. I was shocked when my OR called me and said I was recommended a month and a half before my suspected board date.

I won't be at OCS until next summer as I still have to graduate college in May 2020, but congrats to all the Pro Rec - Y's in here.

BroskiOCS

Pro Rec - Y

I was expecting to be on the 19 Aug board, but with this board getting pushed back to June 24 I was put up for review here. I was shocked when my OR called me and said I was recommended a month and a half before my suspected board date.

I won't be at OCS until next summer as I still have to graduate college in May 2020, but congrats to all the Pro Rec - Y's in here.
Congrats! Be happy you got to skip the super stressful waiting game. What a great surprise. You definitely made a great decision joining the World's Finest Navy. Keep that motivation high and start looking through Appendix B!

BroskiOCS

I got bumped up to the 28July class. Glad I started running early. It's been a wild ride, everyone. Stay in touch. Don't be strangers.
Damn that's crazy! You should have orders to your first ship before I even make it to Rhode Island. Good luck man. Have fun and stay motivated!