• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sorry, what I meant to say was my recruiter lied to me and said "yeah bro, your willingness to serve is virtuous. They'll see that at the boards and accept you because of how good of a person you are! No need to worry or check back or anything, we've got it covered."

And then I bought a 55 gallon barrel of lube for how good I'm about to get railed.

Shill

A smooth sea never made a skilled Sailor.
No, my recruiter had no sway over that. I planned for this intentionally. I want to serve and be secured financially upon graduation regardless of rank or job. IT was advantageous for me because of advanced rank, tech job, top secret; and the tech school is 2 years at NAS Pensacola. Worst case is this is my fate, and it's not a bad gig in my opinion. My GPA/OAR aren't competitive, so I prepped for that. Plan is to re-apply for SWO after I get my Master's in MIlitary History while enlisted. If y'all want more backstory I can give it, but this was fully intended by me. I know recruiters have quotas and training, so their personalities are irrelevant. I was prepared to walk away at MEPS during contract talks if need be.
It will buff out, no worries.

exNavyOffRec

No, my recruiter had no sway over that. I planned for this intentionally. I want to serve and be secured financially upon graduation regardless of rank or job. IT was advantageous for me because of advanced rank, tech job, top secret; and the tech school is 2 years at NAS Pensacola. Worst case is this is my fate, and it's not a bad gig in my opinion. My GPA/OAR aren't competitive, so I prepped for that. Plan is to re-apply for SWO after I get my Master's in MIlitary History while enlisted. If y'all want more backstory I can give it, but this was fully intended by me. I know recruiters have quotas and training, so their personalities are irrelevant. I was prepared to walk away at MEPS during contract talks if need be.
As long as they weren't telling you things like "you have a better shot if you are enlisted" to get you to DEP in and you made an informed choice then what you did is fine.

What is your degree and GPA since you say it isn't competitive?

As long as they weren't telling you things like "you have a better shot if you are enlisted" to get you to DEP in and you made an informed choice then what you did is fine.

What is your degree and GPA since you say it isn't competitive?
History 2.8//43 OAR. Jerked around in college working at a sports bar in college thinking Air Force ROTC was a shoe-in since cadets who scored lower than me the previous year got accepted. In reality competition always exists and will forever exist regardless of who got accepted to what and when. This is the path I'm on. Applied with 2.8 bachelor's cumulative GPA but this is my final semester and I have a 3.6 at midterm after realizing how to be a competitive future officer.