• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Board 20 April

Russell1015

Recruiters are definitely out of the loop because my recruiter told me today that he believes the virus is what caused the cancellation and that if the pandemic continues till August the August one could be cancelled as well...... He told me it’s unusual to cancel a board without announcement in advance and without a proper email/notification sent out to all the recruiters. If the quota is not enough they should have known this after the February board and the cancellation could have been announced weeks ahead rather than at the final week before the board meeting date. He said the ship date quota is not full for this FY because he would give me a ship date of July 5th if I made it on the April board. So I guess just various people have various opinions about this and we never know the exact reason why the board is not met in April unless those board members themselves come over and tell us what exactly is going on.

knowing the navy, they probably ran out of quotas and were planning to pick for next year anyway. The virus just made it so that they had an excuse to cancel the board that they didn’t need anyway.

La'Marcos

I called my recruiter yesterday and he said he is not told if the board is held or not. He has not gotten any word of cancellation of this board and he hasn’t heard of any other swo board being postponed so I guess recruiters are out of the loop as well
Yea because I emailed Mr. Celestin and he confirmed board cancelation and postponement until August or "whenever the board is " according to him. It didn't really give me a good feeling inside. But hey Semper Gumby!

Nidz521

Hello,

I'm also on this board. I'll post my stats below for insight.

OAR: 58
GPA: 3.0 (Bachelors in Psychology)
LORs: 3 from past employers
4.5 years of management experience

Good luck to everyone!

GAhnee

I was ProRec N from the Feb10 board as well, but am resubmitting for this (August) one. Biggest downfalls for me were likely my GPA and the fact that I had not graduated yet. I’ve raised my GPA and get conferred on June 1. I’m working on a revised motivational statement and got an LOR from a professor that is a retired O-6 SWO. Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed out when I got the call and avoided this site for a while, but I think I’ve got a better shot now that I’ve improved some things. Oh, I have also been putting in volunteer time at the local food bank.
I am more than open to any suggestions about how I can further polish off my package. I start a graduate course that finishes on July 26th, though I think that may be a little late for me to add for the August board.

GAhnee

I was ProRec N from the Feb10 board as well, but am resubmitting for this (August) one. Biggest downfalls for me were likely my GPA and the fact that I had not graduated yet. I’ve raised my GPA and get conferred on June 1. I’m working on a revised motivational statement and got an LOR from a professor that is a retired O-6 SWO. Not gonna lie, I was pretty bummed out when I got the call and avoided this site for a while, but I think I’ve got a better shot now that I’ve improved some things. Oh, I have also been putting in volunteer time at the local food bank.
I am more than open to any suggestions about how I can further polish off my package. I start a graduate course that finishes on July 26th, though I think that may be a little late for me to add for the August board.
Just to add my stats:
GPA 2.77
OAR: 52
6 years AF prior service
LORs: SWO O-6 ret., Army pilot O-4, AF E-7

I say my gpa is estimated because my recruiter will never tell me what it actually is, he just keeps saying, somewhere between (insert two numbers). A little frustrating because I’d like to know where I actually sit.

Email me nia.maye@yahoo.com

Joselo_0084

I applied for IWC board in 4March, but, got my waivers denied. Currently applying for this SWO board with Age waiver.

Stats:
AT2(AW/SW/IW) Rivera Pagan, Jose

GPA: 3.82 (BSIT - Network Management); 3.97 (MSIT - Security Management) Masters graduation in May 2020.
OAR: 41.
Appraisals: 0-8 (SWO), 0-6 (SWO), 0-6 (SWO), 0-5 (SWO), 0-5 (SWO).
LOR: 0-3 (AMDO), 0-3 (AMDO)
Evals: EP, EP, EP, P (Welcome aboard)
Finally completed my Master's degree 3.97. I might have to update my package, still waiting on my age waiver approval. It was submitted on the 19th of March. Mr. Celestin don't have confirmation yet, still hope for the best. I contacted him last week to know if he has heard anything about the waiver, but, he said no.

Finally completed my Master's degree 3.97. I might have to update my package, still waiting on my age waiver approval. It was submitted on the 19th of March. Mr. Celestin don't have confirmation yet, still hope for the best. I contacted him last week to know if he has heard anything about the waiver, but, he said no.

you submitted your waiver at the same time I submitted mine, I got confirmation last month on approval. That’s odd... congratulations on your masters, Mr. Celestin said we can send our transcripts in to him prior to the August board to update our packages. Good luck!