• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

HSalt

Congrats....when was your package submitted if you don't mind me asking. Got a friend that's waiting on a waiver as well.

I submitted on 13JAN and reached out to Mr. Celestin on 27JAN. His initial reply was that it was still in processing, but a few hours later he responded that it had been approved. If your friend submitted at the deadline, it could be ready by the end of this week.

If they don't hear back by Thursday, I would recommend reaching out to Mr. Celestin on Friday.

jsd2

Does anyone know if recruiters have been told anything about whether this Board will mostly be submitting Prorec Ys for FY21? I'm going to ask my recruiter about that today, but if I'm being honest he doesn't really seem to be good at his job and often is out of the loop on issues that are talked about here.

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Does anyone know if recruiters have been told anything about whether this Board will mostly be submitting Prorec Ys for FY21? I'm going to ask my recruiter about that today, but if I'm being honest he doesn't really seem to be good at his job and often is out of the loop on issues that are talked about here.
I was in the Nov board for fy20 but after selection...i was pushed to fy21. Im assuming they ran out of quotas for fy20 and pushing those already selected to fy21.

sldm992

Schedule says “FY20/FY21”. You can find this schedule on google btw

Tacticalhusky

Highly speculative question: I'm on this board as well, but have just been offered a wonderful opportunity to do some work that would keep me busy until the first week of August or so. While I would love to accept the offer, I am also mindful that my doing so might coincide with admittance to OCS, and perhaps a start date before August. If that were to be the case, and my start date at OCS was in June or July for example, I would have to pass on the work offer.

Take the opportunity. As others have mentioned, a contingency plan is always smart. Even if things work out, you will need something to occupy your time and provide income. You could expect to not see a paycheck for 3-5 weeks at OCS, and you'll want to have your financial bases covered. I took a job in July knowing I was applying to and leaving for OCS. I never told my employer about the military, as they can illegally bias against you in the hiring process. However, just make sure you give a proper notice upon departure.

sldm992

If a waiver gets approved (for age or medical), does that mean that you don’t have to worry about that particular issue anymore or could you still be denied based on that issue later down the road?

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
They usually have an expiration date. So if an applicant is not selected by the time the waiver expires, they would have to apply for another.

The waiver gets you in the door for application and ultimately selection. I don't think they rule you out afterwards but waivers are definitely seen at board.

Last edited:

GAhnee

10 days left until the board meets. For some reason I can’t help but check this thread over and over again for news. Maybe it’s because I have nothing better to do until I fly home, but I’m going stir crazy just waiting!

exNavyOffRec

If a waiver gets approved (for age or medical), does that mean that you don’t have to worry about that particular issue anymore or could you still be denied based on that issue later down the road?

A waiver just allows you to be seen by the board, the board could decide to look at your age/legal waiver and say no problem or they could look at your age/legal waiver and say "nope".

The board doesn't deal with medical, that is why it is called a "professional board"

sldm992

A waiver just allows you to be seen by the board, the board could decide to look at your age/legal waiver and say no problem or they could look at your age/legal waiver and say "nope".

The board doesn't deal with medical, that is why it is called a "professional board"
Good to know. It’s just been in the back of my mind because I had a surgery around my kidney when I was 9 yrs old and MEPS automatically DQed me at the end and told me to try for a waiver, which my recruiter told me was approved like a week later. This was back in July