• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS SWO Board 10 Feb 20

AT2Pax

Yea HM quotas are rough. Less then 1% for over 2000 taking the test. And this is why I am happy I’m going to OCS. I couldn’t deal with not promoting any more
It's so depressing knowing that its mathematically nearly impossible to make rank. The only thing commanders can say is "study harder". At least officer promotion is a little more standardized. Fingers crossed!

Catman5211

It's so depressing knowing that its mathematically nearly impossible to make rank. The only thing commanders can say is "study harder". At least officer promotion is a little more standardized. Fingers crossed!
Very depressing. Especially when you score high to begin. Then add insult to injury when they MAP people who aren’t dealing with their actually jobs and just sitting on committees, volunteer and high profile collaterals. that’s why I finally took their advise and found a program. They weren’t too happy when I said I didn’t want to be enlisted anymore.

AT2Pax

Very depressing. Especially when you score high to begin. Then add insult to injury when they MAP people who aren’t dealing with their actually jobs and just sitting on committees, volunteer and high profile collaterals. that’s why I finally took their advise and found a program. They weren’t too happy when I said I didn’t want to be enlisted anymore.
I'm not an HM but totally get it. Advancement on my first time eligible for first went from over 30% down to 2% with no increase in the foreseeable future in the rating health. I've always wanted to be an Officer but originally had might sights on LDO. Fortunately I wised up and realized I was denying myself the opportunity for OCS. I've been treated like crap by the mess since they found out I was going to apply for OCS. I mean, terrible.

Catman5211

I'm not an HM but totally get it. Advancement on my first time eligible for first went from over 30% down to 2% with no increase in the foreseeable future in the rating health. I've always wanted to be an Officer but originally had might sights on LDO. Fortunately I wised up and realized I was denying myself the opportunity for OCS. I've been treated like crap by the mess since they found out I was going to apply for OCS. I mean, terrible.
And that’s the worst things about it. How many times have we heard to take advantage of all programs available to us and apply to what we want. And then to be told oh well you are useless and want to go be an officer and “not work” anymore. Even if I didn’t get accepted, this whole process has changed my views on the mess permanently

R.Dougie

Live•Laugh•Love
I have had similar treatment and was told that I was being greedy. A former DH (prior Chief) told me I took an EP from someone else.

AT2Pax

And that’s the worst things about it. How many times have we heard to take advantage of all programs available to us and apply to what we want. And then to be told oh well you are useless and want to go be an officer and “not work” anymore. Even if I didn’t get accepted, this whole process has changed my views on the mess permanently
Or even better, "why should you be an officer? I've never really gave a crap what a first/second glass thought I should do."

Nicholsq

FMF DOC
Let them hate. In the end you will be making way more in retirement pay than some chief.

Siej

I don't understand how you conduct boards 4 times a year but you just found out you picked too many people on one board. SWO has one of the lowest retention rates in the Navy compared to most other officer programs. Most first-term Non-prior SWO leaves after their first initial contract. They pick more because they need to keep up with the high turn-over rate.

Siej

I don't understand how you conduct boards 4 times a year but you just found out you picked too many people on one board. SWO has one of the lowest retention rates in the Navy compared to most other officer programs. Most first-term Non-prior SWO leaves after their first initial contract. They pick more because they need to keep up with the high turn-over rate.