• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching OCS Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouch

Hobe, I didn't go to a real school till '97. I knew what I wanted to do but didn't know how to get there.

ghost_ttu

hmmmm What did you think of the Tech campus tour back in 97? I was there then should have dropped a line. I guess you were kinda upset knowing you were gonna settle on that school in Waco.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

grouch

Waco had its advantages. However a proper football team wasn't one of them. Waco was a great place to fly over. Read into that what you want.

ghost_ttu

OHHHHH That reminds me, A great lesson was learned last weekend. CHECK YOUR NOTAMS. I make the same damn flight from Dallas to Temple all the time. And the president has been in Waco before, well now they have decided to make it controlled airspace when he is around and you couldn't enter without a flight plan. So me and about 5 other planes were in holding patterns around Hillsboro for about 20 minutes waiting our turn to file flight plans. I heard they scrambled F-16's on 3 different occasions to "assist" people in communicating with ATC.

hobe

Grouch did you go NFO? I didn't know about the waiver to 27.5 deal, that would have relieved a little stress about 2 months ago.

ghost_ttu

hobe, I hope you don't have any problems in OCS, you are still cutting it pretty close.....

grouch

Hobe, yah I went FO. I'm really pumped about it. I tried SNA but couldn't get the wavier. I'll be 29 next month so it was a real stretch. OCS will be FEB for me.

hobe

How common is it for somebody to not get through OCS in the 13 weeks? Usually problems with the physical?

Status
Not open for further replies.