• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching OCS Classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobe

Hey All, Just found out about this forum. Got word a few days ago about getting a 26 OCT 02 OCS class for SNA after submitting my application a couple weeks ago. Problem is, I was expecting a class much later and I've got some family problems I've got to deal with before leaving. Any Suggestions? Need to put it off until late February or March. Thanks for the help.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I go 22 March 2003 and I will trade with you if you want, but only if you want.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Hartman

hobe,

Congratulations on your acceptance!!! You overcame some enormous odds...that's awesome! Sorry to hear about the personal issues...hopefully they can work something out for you. Keep us posted on your situation. There's a lot of people here who want to know how best to handle this kind of dilemma.

ghost_ttu

I just need my acceptance, sooner than Aug 03 would be nice, but I'm not picky. I'd like to give a little time so that the Jet pipeline will clear it's self up a bit. Rather give myself better odds, but we all know that is just luck anyway. Like I said, I would help you out hobe, but I don't have an acceptance yet :(

Hartman

Michael,

Pack your shit and start running. The 10/26 class is looking for a few good men. You, ghost, and JTP are coming with us. [}:)]

ghost_ttu

Hartman, please report to TN prior to OCS you need to serve on the OCS appointment board for the next couple of weeks. Thank you.

hobe

Vic-
Let's do it buddy. I'll check with my recruiter (NRD Seattle). I think 22 March 03 would work out just about right. Wish I could go on 10/26 but it just don't work. Thanks for the help everybody.

ryan77

Good luck on your trade guys. Let me know if it works. It seems very logical and a win-win situation so I hope the Navy goes along with it.

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
hobe,
I'm out of the New England NRD, shoot me an e-mail victor@victoravila.com

Don't sweat the small stuff!

Agent00JP

If for some reason the trade wont work out I would like to move up as well from March 8th 2003. Best of luck.

JP

hobe

Just to let everyone know, the switch is a done deal as of today, although it took a little longer than expected. The procedure was to coordinate things between recruiters and then for them to run it by the LT in charge of scheduling down at CNRC. All in all, it was fairly painless and the impression I got was that they don't really care as long as there is somebody in the spot.

grouch

Hobe, how did you get by the whole age thing? Your 26 now and you gotta have OCS done by 27 wavier to 27.5, can you do that?

hobe

I just turned 26 in August, should be through OCS by June next year, it was tight but it worked out. I tried to submit my package two years ago after I finished school but I busted the vision at MEPS. Decided to try it again and I passed it this time around. With the backup for OCS being what it is I didn't think I had a chance but they threw me into an earlier class date. Guess I got pretty lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.