• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switching from FY '12 to FY 13 OCS date?

bhtitle

Hey Everyone,

Been lurking for a while, figured I'd sign up since I got pro-rec'd for SNA at the August '11 board. Question is: I'm still in my senior year of undergrad (majoring in Aerospace Engineering at USC) and I listed my graduation date as May 2012. Thing is, my graduation will be sliding to Aug 2012, to finish up a couple required classes over the summer, and there's no way I can fit them in before then. I mentioned this possibility to my OR when we were first putting together my package last spring, but he indicated it would be a non-issue and OCS would take me whenever I graduated. However, today I told my OR I'd have to change to Aug 2012 graduation, and today he said this would not be feasible, since the selection board was for FY 12 and the last FY 12 OCS class begins in July, and that it wasn't really possible to move me to a later OCS class.

What can I do from here? Is there any way to move my OCS class date to sometime in the fall of 2012, or are the FY's so separate that my only option is to re-apply for FY 13?

Thanks for your help! As you can imagine I'm wicked excited about the pro-rec, assuming this issue gets cleared up.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
Tell your counsler and see if you can get waivered an extra class or so for the spring? Idk if you're already overloaded or not..

TheBirdy

pilot
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you're gonna have to get your ADCP form changed. And from what I've been told, once it's filled out and signed, it's a bitch and half to get changed.

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I changed mine...but I didn't shift from FY'12 to '13. But that should not matter as my original OCS date was a placeholder of 01 JAN 2011, then I changed my graduation date from December 2010 to May 2011 (due to the university not accepting some classes and adding others) and then received 17 July/26 June - all of these classes are FY'11. However, due to injury I'm still waiting for a new date and it's now FY'12, but they simply moved another officer candidate to my initial class dates and me to a later one.

Long story short...fill out a new ADCP with you and your counselor's explanation for why the summer classes, and wait and see what happens. People jokingly say that it takes an act of Congress to change your ADCP, but it's not quite that difficult. Will there be frustration and resistance to the change? Yes, but you can and likely will get it approved as it's only a couple of months difference. Yes, the FY changed, but they will bump someone up to replace you and likewise you later; it's more of a logistical problem than anything else.

bhtitle

Cool, thanks for the advice. I've sent my recruiter the updated ADCP, and he's pushing to get it approved, so sounds like this won't be too huge a problem. Already overloaded in the spring semester, so this is my only option.