• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Switch To Marine Option

Okay, sorry for the confusion. If you want to be a Marine Officer, go into NROTC as Marine Option. You will likely do a PFT during Freshman O. At least in my unit, if you failed, nothing happened at first. Marine options didn't even do the 3-mile run. Everyone ran the 1.5 mile run. A few weeks later we took an inventory PRT/PFT. If you fail any aspect of this, you will be put onto remedial. You still have two years. Don't worry about it, just keep PTing and apply for a scholarship.

helolover

HeloLover
Thats a relief. I'm not sayin I won't try and giving it my best, but its just nice to know its not the end-all if i don't do so well. In the meanwhile I will continue PT'ing till I die

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Time is on your side, man... Focus on the academic and other aspects of getting into college. The rest will come with time. Do what you can to improve your conditioning, and focus on other areas that will bolster your application. PT is important, and it will never go away. At the same time, there is much more to making a competitive application. Take this from a guy that struggles to hit the 21 minute mark, and note that many of my peers are far slower...