• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swiss low level video

MasterBates

There have been situation where we have been needed to do stuff that is not our normal job. SpecOps insertions and the like.

Sometimes we are the ONLY up helo available.

And it is fun to TERF.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Between the Swiss and the Tornadoes, you have two of the most motivating videos out there.

BigRed389

None
That guy could NOT have been above 50 feet flying down the road. Pardon me while I pick my jaw up off the floor; that was nuts!

Also, methinks they are Mirage F1s, not Tornadoes . . .

I could also have sworn that while doing kicking up sand, he was looking up a map at some point early in the video...

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love that video, THAT is flying. Lowest I've flown is 100 feet... that had my blood pumping... they were much lower than 100 feet. Notice some of those SCRUB trees were ABOVE their wing line?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love that video, THAT is flying. Lowest I've flown is 100 feet... that had my blood pumping... they were much lower than 100 feet. Notice some of those SCRUB trees were ABOVE their wing line?

That countryside looks like it is somewhere in Africa, the French fly out of several countries like Chad, Djibouti and the Central African Republic to name a few. I imagine there are few, if any, rules governing L/L's there.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Yeah PAW has a whole series of these type of videos ... If you haven't already, definitely check it out. Some of the top ones: Le Mirage du Tchad, Vols Djibouti, Des Mirages Dans le Desert, and Daytime Ops (Marine F/A-18s) ...

P3_to_Apache

Almost as cool as flying the Apache TERF....or NOE....may not be as fast but 155 KTAS is still fast enough when tree tops are above you.