• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swimming

jride200

Hey guys . . .

I've enrolled in some swimming instruction to sharpen up my technique a bit. I currently have an application in right now for OCS, SNA.

Can anyone better inform me about the required swimming tests for SNAs? Be it at OCS, API, Advanced, etc. My swim instruction asked me to find out more specifically.

Thanks, JR

MasterBates

Search for the API requirements. Once you meet that there is some recurrent/add on training needed depending on what platform you select, and your quals expiring every 4 years.

The refresher is normally a 2 day class.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey guys . . .

I've enrolled in some swimming instruction to sharpen up my technique a bit. I currently have an application in right now for OCS, SNA.

Can anyone better inform me about the required swimming tests for SNAs? Be it at OCS, API, Advanced, etc. My swim instruction asked me to find out more specifically.

Thanks, JR

Definitely do a search, but generally, most of the water stuff isn't based on doing the traditional strokes, but more task oriented in the water. As long as you can do the basic strokes (breast/side/back/crawl) in a semi-competant manner, you'll do just great. The program is designed for the lowest common denominator swimmer, so they mostly teach you everything you need to complete the program.

Brett