• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Swim qual

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know what happens if you don't have your CWS-1 by the time you graduate TBS? Is there any way they can take your air contract away?

Something like 89/90 failed during the indoc week and then the pool broke for like 2 months, I've only been able to go to one remedial session. Now there are a good number of us that don't have our qual and we are at the point in the POI where you don't get much time in the water because you are in the field every other week or having late days in garrison. I remember there were something like 17 in Bravo who showed up 2-3 weeks ago, and they just graduated.

81montedriver

pilot
You will get your chance to do remedial. I remember when I went through, there were a few Marines in the company that were pretty late in the POI getting their CWS-1. They won't take your air contract away just because the pool was broken. The last few weeks of TBS are pretty chill so if need be, you will have plenty of opportunity then. But I doubt they would take your air contract from you. You would have to show a pretty convincing inability to perform anything. What did you fail for by the way?

MettGT

pilot
They won't take away your air contract. I know, because I had the pleasure of being on the "TBS swim team." I was at the pool every week until I passed, which was about a week or two into IFS and already complete with the POI.

AirGrunt15

pilot
I remember there were something like 17 in Bravo who showed up 2-3 weeks ago, and they just graduated.

Not all of the Lt's from Bravo ended up finishing CWS-1 before graduating. Quite a few of them got voluntold to take stash jobs in the Quantico area so they could knock out swim qual before heading down to Pensacola.

RgnBull261

You're just going to have to swim all over again at API. The Marine Corps swim doesn't count for anything. The good thing is that once you're winged and in fleet squadron, you won't have to do the Marine Corps swim qual until you leave the squadron for your next tour.

81montedriver

pilot
You're just going to have to swim all over again at API. The Marine Corps swim doesn't count for anything. The good thing is that once you're winged and in fleet squadron, you won't have to do the Marine Corps swim qual until you leave the squadron for your next tour.

Even though the API swim qual is good for four years, chances are your fleet squadron will make you redo it upon checking in to them on the belief that they don't want your qual to expire in the middle of deployment. Yet more swimming.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

Or, if you play your cards right...EVER. Going on 15 years, nothing but aviation swim.