• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sweat-Ex at API to Sushi across the USA

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
+1

The SNA and SNFO NSS are both 40 now. I graduated API last week. The pilots are excited and the NFOs are freaking out. NFOs were held to the 35 min, but for now that has changed. FOR NOW being the key phrase there. I can't speak for USMC, Int'l, AF or CG. Unless you're classing up next week, don't worry about things like the NSS in API. Worry about where you're going to live when you get down here, whether you'll go to the pool or the beach more and which sushi bar you'll go to on Tuesday half price night (I recommend Atlas, thanks for asking.) This stuff changes constantly. For those still wondering "what's the NSS?" it's like your GPA. It's more complicated than that, but for your purposes, it's your GPA.

Atlas also has 25cent oysters on Sunday. Now only if their beer selection was better....

AnonymousGuy

None
I'm marking Atlas down on my list then lol:) I'm assuming there are some nice looking girls populating these Tuesday night sushi spots as well, right?

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I just heard from a friend's cousin's bro's ex wife's prior CO who is friends with the NASC CO, that if you start API any month that ends with a "Y" the passing grade is 95%.....every other month is 80%. No joke.

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I just heard from a friend's cousin's bro's ex wife's prior CO who is friends with the NASC CO, that if you start API any month that ends with a "Y" the passing grade is 95%.....every other month is 80%. No joke.

So you're saying I have until January to class up without having to do better than an 80%? That's great! :icon_wink

MidWestEwo

None
Atlas also has 25cent oysters on Sunday. Now only if their beer selection was better....

The only time I go there is on Wednesdays for cougars to buy me drinks while I pretend to be interested in their stories of how their marriages took a wrong turn.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
I dont know why NFO's are freaking out. I'm in week 2 of API and honestly it really isn't that hard. Just study what they tell you study and know the ELO's. Seriously its not bad. Yes the 40 NSS is a real thing for both Pilots and FO's and soon to be USMC too.

Just do your best, study when you need to and take breaks as well and find a good study group. API is not the beast they make it out to be....

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
I dont know why NFO's are freaking out. I'm in week 2 of API and honestly it really isn't that hard. Just study what they tell you study and know the ELO's. Seriously its not bad. Yes the 40 NSS is a real thing for both Pilots and FO's and soon to be USMC too.

Just do your best, study when you need to and take breaks as well and find a good study group. API is not the beast they make it out to be....

More rumors. It may happen, it may not. I wouldn't bet on it either way.

Best sushi in Pensacola? Horizen.

punx_clever

I do wish I would have found more sushi joints in P-cola... Granted, I don't think much of anything here would stand up to Yummi Sushi next to the Hotel Del Coronado

The real question is if the sushi is still good despite the trace oil still present in many gulf fishing locations. Also, how would east coast sushi stack up compared to west coast sushi? We're pretty spoiled over here...

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I do wish I would have found more sushi joints in P-cola... Granted, I don't think much of anything here would stand up to Yummi Sushi next to the Hotel Del Coronado

Agreed, that is pretty damn good, though I got kind of burned out on sushi in Meridian. And no, I'm not kidding :)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
The real question is if the sushi is still good despite the trace oil still present in many gulf fishing locations? Also, how would east coast sushi stack up compared to west coast sushi? We're pretty spoiled over here...

Wow, sounds like the news media has really gotten out of hand....

I wonder why they don't report stuff like that here... My next door neighbor is a shrimp boat captain. (Or maybe it's commodore, he owns a few) He says the fish aren't stupid, when their normal habitat became oily they got the F outta dodge and went elsewhere. The dumb ones stayed behind. He likens it to Katrina.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The real question is if the sushi is still good despite the trace oil still present in many gulf fishing locations. Also, how would east coast sushi stack up compared to west coast sushi? We're pretty spoiled over here...

NPR was saying a few weeks ago that seafood coming out of New Orleans is safer than ever because of additional testing.