• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

swearing in

Status
Not open for further replies.

navsup

BDCP Supply
Can A family member swear you in when you take the oath. I just got accepted for bdcp and my uncle, a retired cmdr, asked if he could swear me in. I cant ask the recruiter till monday so I thought I would ask here.

kaiangel

Any Officer can swear you in. I have seen some friends have their retired officer parent do it, so I assume it is the same thing.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
My dad served four years and ended with the rank of Captain. Could he swear me in for the Marines once I graduated?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You can be sworn in by anyone that currently holds a commission in the military. That includes retired officers. You have to let the recruiting office know as soon as possible since they have to prepare paperwrok that has to reflect the personal info of the officer administering the oath. Congrats Navsup!

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Does retired mean, 20+ years? Or is an honorable discharge (service time was up) sufficient?

Av Fan

Retired means 20+. If they served in the military then just got out after a few years, that doesnt count.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
One thing you can do,
Have the recruiter swear you in in his office with no one there. That way it is official. Then when you are having your ceromony, you can have anyone do it for you, retired, vet or civ.

That is the way that we did it at our ROTC unit. Our CO would swear all of us in and then during our ceremony, a family member would read the oath during the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.