• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWA Destination 225° Program

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Thanks HAL, this is awesome. I dropped my application with them. Will let you guys know if anything comes of it!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
We're starting a sort-of flow through at Hawaiian. We have a turboprop service called Ohana manned by Empire pilots. If you're interviewed by Empire for Ohana you can say you want to work for Hawaiian (or any time after you're hired by Ohana). You will get a Hawaiian interview and if you pass (for lack of a better word), after 2 years at Ohana you will move on to Hawaiian. But you don't get any Hawaiian seniority or longevity until after you actually start at Hawaiian. Hawaiian will pay your way to Hawaii and provide a hotel for the interview.

But you'll take a pay cut for the first year.... We still give the same $35/hour to first year pilots that we've paid for the last 19 years. It won't raise until pilots quit accepting the job. Lowest 2nd year pay is over $100/hour though.

Mirage

pilot
After browsing the site, I feel like I'm missing something. Their military program seems to provide no financial assistance to transition (RTP style), and sounds like you still have to go to one of their planned partner regionals for 3 years before being eligible to go to SWA, at which point they'll interview you and decide if you are a good fit? Where is the advantage to this program over just doing an RTP, flying for a regional until you meet minimums, and applying to SWA and others in the traditional way?

PEPfromage

Nursing the gout.
pilot
Mirage, I thought the same thing once I read through their website, i.e. what exactly are the benefits to this program?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Mirage, I thought the same thing once I read through their website, i.e. what exactly are the benefits to this program?

The only benefit I can discern is there will probably be a SWA person watching your progress all the way through this program. I am 99% sure when it comes interview time, that person will have input on whether you get a job or not.

It's not designed as an RTP, or even for anyone with any 91/135 flying. It's designed to be zero-hero, but on the cheap, unlike most ab-initio programs of places like B6.

My opinions are worth what you paid for them. Unless this was my only option at a major, I would look elsewhere if I were a low time guy. No one on this board is a low time guy.

Tiltedsky

pilot
I got an offer to interview this month for the program and pulled it after I looked more closely at it. It looks like you'll fly for Swift Air (Part 135) for a few years and then be eligible for an interview with SWA. I decided a regional with an RTP would be a better fit.