• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trip

Hello, my name is John and I have a few questions for anyone out there concerning OCS. First of all, I suffered a shoulder injury due to baseball about three years ago. Since then I have completed therapy and have acheived full use of my shoulder again. Will this type of past shoulder surgery hinder me from being accepted into OCS? Also, I will be starting my junior year at the University of Georgia in the fall. When should I begin my application process if not allready? Thanks!

John Stell

WFU2USN

John,

You can def. begin the application process now. I am assuming ATL may be the location of your nearest officer recruiter, but I don't know where you're at in GA. If ATL is fairly close to you send me a PM and I'll let you know who to contact. I'm in ATL.

As far as your injury, just make sure you obtain all the medical documentation and X-ray's that you can on it, along with notification from your doctor that you're completely healed.

It's great that you're looking into this now!

Robin
IS2(SCW)

http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html

isc8672

i am not a Navy doctor, but i don't think that kind of injury will hinder your chances of getting into OCS. i had acl knee surgery and i had my appendix removed and everything turned out just fine. all i had to do was obtain all my medical documents and get an orthopedic consultation to send up to Tennessee along with my package.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
The surgery is no big deal. I broke my elbow in 8 places and had two operations. So, you should be ok.

Dave

NuSnake

at MEPS they will send you to an ortho doc...I had the same problem, but aas long as you show vast shoulder improvement, you shouldnt have to worry about a waiver

If a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ass all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.