• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

surgery waiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnutz

anyone have experience with or know the details involved with getting a waiver for surgery? i've read that you have to wait 6 months after surgery, correct? i'm getting both my knees jacked up so it'll take a solid 6+ months to get back into shape anyway.

Gator

I tore my right ACL in half a week before I was scheduled to leave for OCS. At the time I was on active duty under BDCP, which means that I didn't have to get a medical waiver. As soon as the civilian ortho surgeon cleared me, I has to get seen by a military ortho for a consulatation/evaluation. Two weeks later I took a PRT and was back in the wait for an OCS class date.

I would think that by the time you are done with rehab and your Dr releases you from care, you should be good to go. The main issue with the military and medical issues is whether or not you will be fit for duty upon being released from the Dr's care. A medical consulatation and PRT are what the Navy use to determine this.

I know this didn't answer your question, but I figured that it might provide some insight into the process a little. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.