• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery During BDCP

Hermit

Hi, Just finished final select and I am wondering how elective surgery is handled during BDCP. This procedure would not cause me to change my degree plan or change my grad date, it would be covered by my parents health insurance and not Tri Care and it would help me improve my PFT score, mainly run time. Any info appreciated.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Wow MB...

I imagine if it will not influence your OCS availability that it should not be an issue. Talk to your doctor and get all the details of the surgery, possible complications, etc. Then go talk to your recruiter and tell him about it. He will have to request it from the NRD CO/XO. From what I have heard provided it doesn't mess up your OCS/graduation availabilities, and it is low risk, that they shouldn't have much of a problem with it.