• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Surgery after OCS, What happens now?

jpmatta16

I went through PLC-C this summer and graduated on AUG 8. While I was there in week 6 during pugil sticks, after hitting my opponent in the head he felt in my leg. I went to doc that monday and he said I had a sprained MCL and it looked like my I had a tear in my meniscus. He mentioned that we could do an MRI but if it came bacl positive then I would be sent home, so I said I was ok and kept training. It bother me the whole time while I was there but I dealt with it the best I could until graduation. Once I got back I told my OSO and he set up an LOD for me and I been going to the doc. Last friday I had an MRI done and on tuesday I was seen by the doc and said I had a torn ACL and that I would need surgery. While this is not new for me since I had ACL on my other knee I been wondering what happens now? what would happen with my commissioning? would I be deny or turned down for that? please any help would be great.

Ric Hard

Well, there is no real set criteria for how to handle injuries at OCS since every situation is different. However, since you made it through the first six week increment that will carry some weight in regards to your physical and mental toughness when your situation is reviewed. If your physically not ready to go for the next six week increment then the answer becomes clear. However, say your well enough to go and get injured but somehow finish. If thats the case the Marines will graduate you and push you through to TBS where you will most likely rehab in Mike Co. until your ready to go.

Now, has this happened to me? No. However, I have friends who have been injured at OCS, not been able to pick up with a TBS company for 6+ months, and rehabed until they were ready to pick-up. Just stay positive and work hard during your rehab and you should be ok. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully others will chime in and confirm or deny what I have seen. Good luck.