• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Suppressor for SiG 229

snake020

Contributor
Looking to get a threaded barrel and suppressor for my 9mm SiG P229 when I return from deployment next month and while I am still in the gun friendly state of AK. Will I need any additional attachments to get a suppressor to work with this gun and who makes a good suppressor?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thinking of moonlighting as an enforcer perhaps?

poster_1_1024.jpg

pat

Not unless you go with a quick dosconnect. If your CLEO doesn't want to sign Form 4s (like mine) then you need a revocable trust, which is an easy way to get around fingerprints and passport photos as well.

I like the YHM Cobra, or Wraith if you want the quick disconnect.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... If your CLEO doesn't want to sign Form 4s (like mine) then you need a revocable trust, which is an easy way to get around fingerprints and passport photos as well.....
Remember: in Europe and much of the rest of the world -- owning a suppressor is considered "good manners". Thanks to Hollywood, the perception in the good 'ol USA amongst the mindless, unwashed is that if you want one or own one, you must be an ASSASSIN !!!! :eek:

The revocable trust -- that's the ONLY safe & sane way to do it --- your local gun store/purveyor will have the correct (and legal) paperwork and can hand-carry you through it.

The only part for you to play is --- bring money.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
I like the YHM Cobra, or Wraith if you want the quick disconnect.

Good items indeed...although the Cobra will run you around 6 bills,
as well as the Wraith running you a little over 5..although taking
into consideration what you could achieve w/ these beauties,
they seem to be worth it..;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Funny .... in one of the two states that I maintain residence in ... you, after jumping through all the required hoops, can "own" and purchase an ATF completely "legal" suppressor .... you just can't use it as per state code. I wonder what "they" think about .... say .... a Ruger with the whole top half a "suppressor" .... ??? :)

I kid you not. The bureaucracy at it's finest ...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
http://www.advanced-armament.com/

Great stuff, great guys, and the site is loaded with some good info on the process, different states legalities, and things like barrel threading/quick release etc. Kevin is also the guy that does all the machine gun sound clips for Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers.

Their "fact of the day" is: "Suppressed .308's generally sound quieter than suppressed .223's..."

Their shop is pretty cool too if you ever get down to Georgia. They have machine guns and suppressors from all over the world laying around, and the walls are covered with cut out diagrams of historical suppressors from every major US war since WWII. Pretty neat to see the evolution of things.

Zissou

Banned
Advanced Armament does some good cans at a decent price. They will give AD guys a price break.

GemTech is good too.

KKM threaded barrels have done me better than most.

If you were open to a new platform altogether there are quieter options and cheaper options.

High velocity ammo is the enemy of stealth, 300whisper is the quietest man killing round currently available. Man killing meaning: a subsonic round that still delivers fair energy to the target. Be that man or beer can.

Getting a can is nice but using subsonic ammo is what really drops the DB's.

If you want something quiet for marksmanship practice in your back yard a quality air rifle is a smart choice. Ive built bullet traps in CONEX boxes to keep skills sharp on float. So a backyard would be easy. You dont need distance to practice the basics. Trigger control etc etc. Distance develops range estimation, holds, and atmospheric variables.

If you want something absolutely quiet for whatever reason a bolt action Win with an OPS can is uber quiet when running 69grSub

If you want more info PM me.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
High velocity ammo is the enemy of stealth, 300whisper is the quietest man killing round currently available.

Wow, great... thanks for the info... Despite the username and avatar I don't think snake020 is looking to kill anyone.