• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Support your local club part XVII

MasterBates

I am at the Krock club. If your club has happy hour you should be there too.

Happy hour til 1900 @ K Bar

Tomorrow 1500-end of FSU UNC game.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
+1

I eat at the club almost daily. It'd be nicer if it was an O club though. Whiting has the club placed very conveniently, unlike Corpus.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
For us uninitiated to the O club, what's acceptable dress?

Uh...civvies? I mean if you're on base already for a flight or something, just go in the bag.

If it's some special event that advertises a uniform to come in or something, then do that. But otherwise.... just civvies or whatever you happen to be in. Also probably depends on the club and local situation.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
huh? There are two signs regarding uniform type stuff in the Norfolk club: a "no covers required in this area" sign outside and a "he who enters covered here shall buy the bar a round of cheer" rule on the ship, captain and crew sign. Not sure where the ballcap comes into play...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
huh? There are two signs regarding uniform type stuff in the Norfolk club: a "no covers required in this area" sign outside and a "he who enters covered here shall buy the bar a round of cheer" rule on the ship, captain and crew sign. Not sure where the ballcap comes into play...

I think it was a joke eluding to this ... probably an attempt to get free beer from some poor noob.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Not only must you be uncovered, but isn't it also a "round" offense to place your cover on the bar?

And I guess within that same vein, someone could call out the command coin check too...

HuggyU2

None
I was the biggest supporter of my Club on Friday nights. I was the one that got everyone down there, playing crud, breaking stuff (which we always paid for), playing the music too loud, getting the wives/girlfriends to dance on the bar, etc...
But the Club has to meet me part way. Bottom line, I'm done. Too much has changed, it's no fun, it's expensive, and no one I know goes there.