• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply School Questions

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Practicing. Gettin pretty good at it I think. Spreakin of crusties, I think I scared A4 away. Guess he finally realized he's no match.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Steve Wilkins said:
Practicing. Gettin pretty good at it I think. Spreakin of crusties, I think I scared A4 away. Guess he finally realized he's no match.
Either that, or you feel safe that he won't read a thread on Supply Officer... /end threadjack

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
This is hogwash. Don't be that Supply officer who doesn't want to stand watch. Pull your share of the load. And don't use that sh!t that you have to be available for HCO to get you out of the watch rotation. Non watchstanding supply officers piss me off.

I wasn't commenting on what supply officers should do, or don't do. As someone that hasn't gone through OCS and hasn't been in the REAL navy yet, I was merely commenting on guidelines I have read regarding the abilities of restricted line officers, such as not being able to have command at sea.

I am not a cop out, nor someone that doesn't put out. Apparently this is one of those "guidelines" that is set in place but doesn't really apply to the real navy.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And I was just being preemptive. If you happen to come across something in your readings that say Supply Officers don't stand watch, it's hogwash. Don't let them indoctrinate you with that garbage.

Godspeed said:
I am not a cop out, nor someone that doesn't put out.
Hey what goes on behind closed doors between you and Integer is your business. We don't need to know about it here.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Steve Wilkins said:
And I was just being preemptive. If you happen to come across something in your readings that say Supply Officers don't stand watch, it's hogwash. Don't let them indoctrinate you with that garbage.

Hey what goes on behind closed doors between you and Integer is your business. We don't need to know about it here.

Hahaha. You knew what I meant, a$$hole. However, my phrasing could have been better.

Chop

LT, SC, USN
I don't have anything other than what was previously posted, but then again I went through the BQC in 96 and the Dept Head Course in 00.

I suggest checking out the below site (run by Supply Officers for Supply Officers) and asking any questions about what you can expect in Athens and any other questions y'all may have about your new community.

http://66.116.252.168/phpBB2/index.php

Chop

LT, SC, USN
OBTW - don't be a dweeb and try to skate on standing watch. In my humble opinion, everyone onboard except the CO and XO should be on the watchbill and pulling their weight.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Chop, welcome aboard!

I'm guessing you found us via the link Anathema posted over at SB?

Chop

LT, SC, USN
yep. great site BTW.

Oh and I'm not trying to 'steal' folks from this site - I encourage folks to go both ways.

Butta

Catching up

I wanted to know if someone lateral transfered into Supply as an O-3, will they be at a disadvantage in their career progession? Such as opportunity of key developmental jobs before each following promotion. Coming out of school will they follow the traditional track as an 0-1 after graduating? Will they still be able to have a successful career in supply?

BackOrdered

Contributor
I wanted to know if someone lateral transfered into Supply as an O-3, will they be at a disadvantage in their career progession? Such as opportunity of key developmental jobs before each following promotion. Coming out of school will they follow the traditional track as an 0-1 after graduating? Will they still be able to have a successful career in supply?

The short answer is yes you can. PM for the long answer if you are still interested.