• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Corps DCO (Reserve)

TexCraft

Good morning,

These threads have contained a plethora of information; I apologize in advance if these questions have been addressed. I'm currently working with an Officer Recruiter and have submitted all paperwork (application, LORs, Resume, etc.). I've been to MEPS and have had a security clearance interview. From what I've seen on the internet, the interviews could happen anywhere between now and June and not everyone will receive an interview (i.e. they'll/I'll be cut prior to then). Also, I've read mixed messages about obtaining a mentor; some sources say you don't need one until after you've bee selected, others say you should already have one once you start the application.

1. When is a mentor needed/required?
2. Is there a "typical" timeframe for Panel Interviews for Reserve Supply Corps DCO?
3. For those that have participated in the process, what was the interview process like?

Thank you all in advance!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good morning,

These threads have contained a plethora of information; I apologize in advance if these questions have been addressed. I'm currently working with an Officer Recruiter and have submitted all paperwork (application, LORs, Resume, etc.). I've been to MEPS and have had a security clearance interview. From what I've seen on the internet, the interviews could happen anywhere between now and June and not everyone will receive an interview (i.e. they'll/I'll be cut prior to then). Also, I've read mixed messages about obtaining a mentor; some sources say you don't need one until after you've bee selected, others say you should already have one once you start the application.

1. When is a mentor needed/required?
2. Is there a "typical" timeframe for Panel Interviews for Reserve Supply Corps DCO?
3. For those that have participated in the process, what was the interview process like?

Thank you all in advance!

Most, if not all of these questions can be fielded by your officer recruiter.

First and foremost, interviews are part of the Supply DCO application. It's not a separate step in which there's "cuts", the only time an application would not be interviewed is by request (no longer interested in applying) or is found no longer eligible (i.e. medical, legal, etc.).

The answer to the first question will probably be once you are selected for Supply Corps DCO. It doesn't make sense assigning a mentor if you end up not being selected by the board, especially one that is very competitive.

The second question is entirely YMMV. It could be weeks, months, but your recruiter would be the best to give you a timeframe.

Third, it's quite frankly mostly like any other job interview out there. Why do you want to be here? What do you bring to the table? You might also be asked about your resume and even provide some answers to situational questions. There is no "script" or pre-set questions you can find on here to use for interviews. Follow all the other "common sense" interview prep as well.

Finally, there's a solid Supply DCO mega thread for you to browse and read. Lots of good info out there: