• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Supply Corps BQC-NR Course

Jones29681

Congrats! What was the weekly time commitment like? I know the Navy says it's comparable to doing a professional MBA program, which I have experience with. I average about 10-20 hours a week depending on the ebb and flow of the term. Was BQC-NR pretty comparable? Anything from BQC-NR particularly interesting and/or painfully boring?

RaginCajun

Congrats! What was the weekly time commitment like? I know the Navy says it's comparable to doing a professional MBA program, which I have experience with. I average about 10-20 hours a week depending on the ebb and flow of the term. Was BQC-NR pretty comparable? Anything from BQC-NR particularly interesting and/or painfully boring?

My weekly time commitment at home was maybe 10hrs a week in the first distance learning phase and almost nothing in the second DL phase. I just prepared for the tests on Saturday of DWE and took the test on Sunday.

The onsite Phases are very different each time. Phase 1 is packed full, hard stuff, late nights studying, etc. I probably studied more for my Phase 1 tests than almost any I did in college (undergrad and grad combined). But then I learned how the tests are and how to better prepare and Phase 2 and 3 the studying was much less. More pay attention in class, take decent notes. But that's just my learning style. YMMV.

I'll say this. You'll become close with your classmates. You'll rely on them for help and they on you. It's really great, and some good friends were made. Also, Newport is awesome so there's the benefit of going there 3 times.

My favorite courses was basic supply management, and the worst was food service and anyone in or about to be in BQC understands why.

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Hey ragincajun are you saying that you didn't stay in Newport for all 24 weeks of supply school? Just wondering because I see you said you did distance learning.

RaginCajun

The 3 2 week ATs are at the Navy Supply corps Schoolhouse in Newport, RI.

The distance learning is pretty much self guided learning. You get the materials in your first phase, and you'll review the powerpoints, the homework, and the lessons and when you are ready you call the school house and have a test sent to a proctor (any officers basically).

You'll also take some online contracting courses through DOD and some other little things I can't remember.

During the 15months, you can only fail 2 tests before you get a review board where they can give you the boot if they don't think you are up for the task.