• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Super Bowl Flyover

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The flight will be led by Cdr. Ben Hewlett, and four squadrons from the wing will participate. They will fly two F/A-18C Hornets, one F/A-18E Super Hornet and one F/A-18F Super Hornet.

That ought be a big bag of ugly with the size differences between the C and E/F. Why would you do that?

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Isn't this a domed stadium? How will they know?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
The flight will be led by Cdr. Ben Hewlett, and four squadrons from the wing will participate. They will fly two F/A-18C Hornets, one F/A-18E Super Hornet and one F/A-18F Super Hornet.

That ought be a big bag of ugly with the size differences between the C and E/F. Why would you do that?

Most civies wont notice

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

They wanted to do all Charlies (because they are god's chariot of course), but they only could get 2 up jets :)

BrittO

pilot
They wanted to do all Charlies (because they are god's chariot of course), but they only could get 2 up jets :)

Actually..this was my skipper ("Pizza" Hewlett). Our squadron was offered the flyover but my skipper graciously offered the other CVW-7 VFA squadrons a place. And on that note we (VFA-131) consistently have the most up jets out of the four. Our dear friends in 103 have fallen on some hard times and bad luck with their Fs.

MasterBates

When the Hawkeye squadron has more FMC birds than you have PMC/FMC combined, it's not good to be you. Considering we only had three.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Just saw the flyover for the NASCAR race in Fontana and it was LAME.

Let me be clear: I am NOT busting on the pilots. They were from VX-9 and were in perfect formation and right on time. No issues there at all.

However, if we are going to do the "above 1000' and less than 250 kts" thing, I'd say we're better off just boycotting these things altogether.

I'm quite sure that this flyover was micromanaged and under intense scrutiny from higher. Especially after the recent air force dudes getting schwacked recently.

If we're not going to make it even remotely exciting, then let's just not do it.

This is bullshit.