• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer seminar

Kevin leslie

I am on the grind.
Hello Everyone, I have a bunch of questions here and I am hoping someone will get to most of them. I am currently finishing up my first semester in my junior year of high school. I finished up with a 3.0 GPA T1. I am on a varcity ski team, and have my recreational pilots license. A old Family friend of ours was a USNA grad ( A-6 pilot) informed me of the Acadamy and what it has to offer. I am applying to the Summer Seminar but I understand that when I apply for the seminar it serves as my preliminary application. I am not sure as too when they notify you if your standings are strong enough to become an official applicant in which my case class 2021. And on your personal statement would you write as if " why you want to go to the academy " other than "why you want to attend Summer seminar ". I understand getting good high school grades and doing well on SATs is important. I would really love to exchange Some information with any USNA grads, recent and even high schoolers striving down this path aswell. Thank you
-Kevin Leslie

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Ditto what gatordev said.

My additional advice is to begin looking at (and maybe speaking with) the offices of your state's U.S. Representatives and Senators. You will one day need a nomination letter.

Also, raise your GPA as much as possible.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello Everyone, I have a bunch of questions here and I am hoping someone will get to most of them. I am currently finishing up my first semester in my junior year of high school. I finished up with a 3.0 GPA T1. I am on a varcity ski team, and have my recreational pilots license. A old Family friend of ours was a USNA grad ( A-6 pilot) informed me of the Acadamy and what it has to offer. I am applying to the Summer Seminar but I understand that when I apply for the seminar it serves as my preliminary application. I am not sure as too when they notify you if your standings are strong enough to become an official applicant in which my case class 2021. And on your personal statement would you write as if " why you want to go to the academy " other than "why you want to attend Summer seminar ". I understand getting good high school grades and doing well on SATs is important. I would really love to exchange Some information with any USNA grads, recent and even high schoolers striving down this path aswell. Thank you
-Kevin Leslie

http://www.usna.edu/Admissions/Programs/NASS/

Application for Summer 2016 Summer Seminar opens two days from now. Your GPA needs to go improve, BIG TIME. It's getting more competitive to getting accepted into USNA.

On another note, I'd highly encourage applying for an NROTC scholarship in case USNA doesn't work. The application season should be opening up again roughly between April-June of this year.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Having worked at USNA Admissions - don't let not getting into Summer Seminar get you down - it is more geograhically biased than actual admissions - they try to take candidates from areas that either have low application numbers relative to the population (think inner city) and people from places that are far from the Academy that make it hard to get to the Academy for a day or two visit.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seminar fills up super fast. Stay up and make the app the first night it opens sometime after 0001, I believe. As said, not getting into Seminar isn't a deterrent to a success app. Work on the GPA. Take the SAT or ACT early and often. Keep trying to improve that number. In your personal statement on the Seminar app I'd say reference a desire to go to the Academy, not just Seminar. In the actual app you will get another opportunity to write a motivational statement. That is where you should shine. YES, do apply for NROTC as well. Good luck.