• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Seminar and Official Candidate!

flynavy2015

I've been accepted to USNA Summer Seminar, so I'm now an official candidate as well! The first step towards the dream.

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
Congratulations!! Best of luck at NASS and with your future application!

Work hard at NASS, because your performance there is taken into account when your application is processed.

sfrankie08

pilot
^^ what wingnut says.. your squad leaders write evaluations of you that are taken into account when your application package goes through the board. also, you will take your CFA (Candidate Fitness Assessment) while you are there. You can retake it later if you want, most people just keep their original scores, but just something to keep in mind.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Congrats, I had a blast there. This is your first chance to see the Yard and see what really goes on there. Ask your squad leader tons of questions, especially about plebe life. You'll get to meet a lot of people there, too and if you choose to go to the Academy, you'll probably see them there, as well. I was fortunate enough to be a detailer for NASS. The best advice I can give is be motivated and show interest in what's going on. We wrote evaluations on everybody's performance and recommendations for if they should go or not. Don't worry about feeling like your under the microscope or being pressured, just go out there and have a good time.

Chachi

pilot
Contributor
Like how hard is it to get into the Naval Academy? I hear that it has the lowest selection rate in the nation... must be awesome to get in! Although I think I would prefer the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Like how hard is it to get into the Naval Academy? I hear that it has the lowest selection rate in the nation... must be awesome to get in! Although I think I would prefer the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs...

"Well if you have to ask... Pack your bags for Colorado." :icon_wink

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The last few years USNA has had more applicants then the other academies. This year I had a guy that was a great candidate. He was turned down by USNA and got an offer from USAFA. Last cycle USNA had nearly 3000 more applicants then Air Farce. If you are near qualified for the Navy you should understand the relationship between total apps and selectivity. If not, you are USAFA material!