• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Cruises

Hi,

If I were to start NROTC after completing two years of college, would the summer training between the sophomore and junior years be 6 weeks or 4 weeks long?

Is it current that in any event, the summer training between the junior and senior years are 6 weeks long?

Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi,

If I were to start NROTC after completing two years of college, would the summer training between the sophomore and junior years be 6 weeks or 4 weeks long?

Is it current that in any event, the summer training between the junior and senior years are 6 weeks long?

Thanks.

That’s not true.

Strongly recommend you reach out to your local Navy ROTC unit.

Similarly, recommend you use the search function here and on the internets before you ask make posts every 2 minutes.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hi,

Thanks.
If you’ve not been in the NROTC, you will have to attend Naval Science Institute (NSI) for 6 weeks to get you up to speed with the other midshipmen entering their 3rd year of NROTC. NSI will give you the basic skills and your first two years of Naval Science to complete the program in the remaining 2 years.

After you join the NROTC Battalion, you will attend your senior midshipmen cruise between your Junior and Senior year. Summer cruises are typically 4 weeks.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You also need to talk to the unit you are interested in (and school), and determine what your class standing will be. In my case, I did 2 calendar years somewhere else, but since a lot of the credits were non-transferable aviation related (part 141 school), i was still considered to be a sophomore and just seamlessly entered NROTC in the fall with the incoming freshman class of middies. It is a question of transferred credit hours. I was college program the first year, and picked up a scholarship later that spring that went into effect for my second year in NROTC. So I did not do CORTRAMID or anything that summer between year one and two of ROTC. I ended up doing my 2/C and 1/C cruises though, on the same timeline as my classmates who were technically a year behind me credit wise. Yes, I was a college undergrad for 7 1/2 years.

If you’ve not been in the NROTC, you will have to attend Naval Science Institute (NSI) for 6 weeks to get you up to speed with the other midshipmen entering their 3rd year of NROTC. NSI will give you the basic skills and your first two years of Naval Science to complete the program in the remaining 2 years.

After you join the NROTC Battalion, you will attend your senior midshipmen cruise between your Junior and Senior year. Summer cruises are typically 4 weeks.
Great. Thanks.

You also need to talk to the unit you are interested in (and school), and determine what your class standing will be. In my case, I did 2 calendar years somewhere else, but since a lot of the credits were non-transferable aviation related (part 141 school), i was still considered to be a sophomore and just seamlessly entered NROTC in the fall with the incoming freshman class of middies. It is a question of transferred credit hours. I was college program the first year, and picked up a scholarship later that spring that went into effect for my second year in NROTC. So I did not do CORTRAMID or anything that summer between year one and two of ROTC. I ended up doing my 2/C and 1/C cruises though, on the same timeline as my classmates who were technically a year behind me credit wise. Yes, I was a college undergrad for 7 1/2 years.
Thank you.