• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer Airshows

Status
Not open for further replies.

asise

It really tied the room together.
I'm wondering if anyone has good recommendations for airshows on the west coast this summer. Blues would be a plus, as would an F-14 - never seen either at an airshow.
Thanks!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
http://www.airshownetwork.com/home.html

Click "Air Shows" then search by team - Blue Angels... this is what you'll get:

[font=arial,helvetica]April 30 - May[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Springfield Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Springfield[/font][font=arial,helvetica]IL[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]May 7 - 8[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MCAS Cherry Point Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MCAS Cherry Point[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NC[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]May 14 - 15[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Barksdale AFB Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Barksdale AFB[/font][font=arial,helvetica]LA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]May 21 - 22[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Selfridge ANG Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Selfridge ANG[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MI[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]May 24 -25 &[/font][font=arial,helvetica]US Naval Academy Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Annapolis[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MD[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]May 28 - 29[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Willow Grove Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Willow Grove[/font][font=arial,helvetica]PA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]June 4 - 5[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Maguire AFB Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Maguire AFB[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NJ[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]June 11 - 12[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Janesville Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Janesville[/font][font=arial,helvetica]WI[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]June 18 - 19[/font][font=arial,helvetica]North Kingston Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]North Kingston[/font][font=arial,helvetica]RI[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]June 25 - 26[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Evansville Air Show[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Evansville[/font][font=arial,helvetica]IN[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]July 2[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Pensacola Beach Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Pensacola Beach[/font][font=arial,helvetica]FL[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]July 9 - 10[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Fargo Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Fargo[/font][font=arial,helvetica]ND[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]July 16 - 17[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Milwaukee Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Milwaukee[/font][font=arial,helvetica]WI[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]July 23 - 24[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Muskegon Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Muskegon[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MI[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]July 30 - 31[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Kalispell Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Kalispell[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MT[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]August 6 - 7[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Seafair 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Seattle[/font][font=arial,helvetica]WA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]August 13 - 14[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Grand Junction Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Grand Junction[/font][font=arial,helvetica]CO[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]August 27 - 28[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Indianapolis Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Indianapolis[/font][font=arial,helvetica]IN[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]September 3 - 4[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Pax River Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Patuxent River[/font][font=arial,helvetica]MD[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]September 10 - 11[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Brunswick Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Brunswick[/font][font=arial,helvetica]ME[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]September 17 - 18[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Neptune Festival Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Oceana[/font][font=arial,helvetica]VA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]September 24 - 25[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Gainesville Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Gainesville[/font][font=arial,helvetica]FL[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]October 1 - 2[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Millington Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Millington[/font][font=arial,helvetica]TN[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]October 8 - 9[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Fleet Week San Francisco 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]San Francisco[/font][font=arial,helvetica]CA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]October 15 - 16[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Miramar Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]San Diego[/font][font=arial,helvetica]CA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]October 22 - 23[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Point Mugu Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Point Mugu[/font][font=arial,helvetica]CA[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]October 29 - 30[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Chatanooga Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Chatanooga[/font][font=arial,helvetica]TN[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]November 5 - 6[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Jacksonville Air Show 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]Jacksonville[/font][font=arial,helvetica]FL[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica]November 11 - 12[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Pensacola Blue Angels Homecoming 2005[/font][font=arial,helvetica]NAS Pensacola[/font][font=arial,helvetica]FL[/font]

T-man

Seafair in Seattle is supposed to be really good. Not only do you get an airshow, you also get hydroplane races and many other things. The airshow is performed over lake washington where you can see Mt. Raineer in the background, as apposed to most airshows which are over a runway. Adds a bit of a unique aspect to the show.

asise

It really tied the room together.
Thanks T-Man.
I've checked out a bunch of schedules - there's a lot out there and just wondering if people had favorites or if someone might know of a special event at one of them.
There was an earlier thread about F-14s at some shows - but I couldn't find it again. I'm sure I won't be disappointed by any of them, but it would be nice to see a particularly good show.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Miramar is a very good show! I saw the wall of fire for the first time ever and this is something you just have to experiance. Although the explosion is far away you can feel the heat.

cricechex

http://www.langleyafbairshow.com/splash.html

The Langley airshow should be a great one. May 13-15. The F-22 will be doing its first demo for an airshow. That in itself will be memorable. Also, there is going to be a buffet! That is a first(as mentioned on the website). Static displays include a B-52, B-1B and a X-47B UCAV (one of the unmanned strike aircraft that will eventually take our dreams away)

The only downside is that I couldn't find anything about an F-14 demo. Oh well, just have to wait for the Oceana show in September for that one.

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
No Blues or Tomcats but tomorrow and Sunday Wings Over Gillespie in San Diego CA, very good warbird airshow.

toddb

I was under the impression the USN F-14 Demo team (VF-101 Grim Reapers) made it's final show last year.
because the Tomcat is now being fazed out by the F/A-18EF

can anyone concur with this being correct?

B

Blutonski816

That's About right... VF-101's Demo Team made it's last airshow tour last year.
The only way you'll get to see the F-14 at an airshow is at the Oceana's Neptune Airshow, and possibly static displays (depending on if any of the remaining Tomcat guys are going to be around for such things)

I was fortunate enough to see the last Demo Flight at the Nellis AFB's "Aviation Nation '04." It was a bittersweet experience for me seeing (possibly for the last time) the aircraft that first seduced me into wanting to Fly Navy and knowing that no matter how lucky I might get in flight school, there's no way I'd be able to get a shot at flying one.

Here's some Screenshots for the video footage I shot...

BTW, I just had to say this... those blue visors look awesome

Attachments

• 101 demo team.jpg
    101 demo team.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 101 demo bolterburn.jpg
    101 demo bolterburn.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 69
  • 101 demo t&g.jpg
    101 demo t&g.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 67

palatinexc

Student
I was fortunate enough to see The Blues and the F-14 last year at Chicago. During the show they said it was the F-14's last run at Chicago. It was my first time at that airshow, its really cool because the flightline is all along the north beach. Also saw the B-52, Thunderbirds, and Army Golden Knights. Would definatly go again except I don't think the Blue Angles will be there this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.