• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summary of E-2C RAG (FRS)

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
I don't know if the P-3 NFOs will get their wings at UMFO or VP-30 once the sims come on line.

I think that's what they're still waiting on, whether or not the guys who bypass everything and go to VP-30 are still good enough to justify eliminating the middleman altogether. I think they'd like to just send everyone to Jax and do away with any extra step, but regardless of how gay Randolph was at times, there are still SOME lessons learned that can't be replicated in a SIM.

Do they still have plans to move some of the 43's to Pensacola for the transition, or will they get rid of that and try using the T-1's? That was the talk a while ago, but I'm not sure what's happened since then.

Then again, who knows.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
they sit in the back and get sick... then puke all over the front of themselves enroute to airshows, etc. quite comical really.

Actually we sit in back and speculate about whether you'll tell the chicks you're really an "airborne early-warning attack pilot" or attempt to dazzle them with stories of how you executed that no-notice, white-knuckle flat turn the NFOs sprung on you. Whew - riveting stuff! :D

MasterBates

You REALLY must hate your fellow 'FOs if you are doing that.

Between you, DT and VM, its like a cult.... Of zombies! :eek:

"commeeee... Joooinnn ussss"

So what you're saying is you've come to terms with the destiny I'm arranging for you? :D

Gator NFO

former TACAMO NFO
None
I think that's what they're still waiting on, whether or not the guys who bypass everything and go to VP-30 are still good enough to justify eliminating the middleman altogether. I think they'd like to just send everyone to Jax and do away with any extra step, but regardless of how gay Randolph was at times, there are still SOME lessons learned that can't be replicated in a SIM.

Do they still have plans to move some of the 43's to Pensacola for the transition, or will they get rid of that and try using the T-1's? That was the talk a while ago, but I'm not sure what's happened since then.

Then again, who knows.

Right now the plan is for no T-43s to go to P'cola. They're sending the last 8 T-43s to the bone yard once they stop nav training at Randolph. The AF plans to use a combination of the T-6 and T-1 for their nav training in P'cola. They're making modifications to the T-1 to include a radar and other equip in the back. I think the training profile is to have one Nav in the right seat, and one doing nav stuff in the back with an IN. They're not planning on standing down AF nav training while they make the transition, and they're planning to have both school houses running in 2010 with the draw down at Randolph to conclude in early 2011.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I get students asking specific questions about the Hummer RAG...I can tell them what it was like in '02-'03 when I went through, but things do change. Specifically, there was talk of less emphasis on systems (skipper at the time believed the syllabus was a holdover from the Olden Tymes of moving boxes and switching canon plugs as troubleshooting) and more time in the Sim.

Anyone who's been through or instructed more recently care to update this thread?

Hawkeye86

None
Changes to the RAG

I am currently going through the RAG right now. There is a lot changing. The eventual plan is that all E-2 NFO's will get winged in Pensacola under the UMFO program and then when they get here, it will be quick systems and then right into tactics. Of course that's all up in the air since none of it is really decided.

As for now, a lot of the syllabus has been cut out and other stuff put in. The systems is reduced, a lot of the super technical info such as RADAR class has been reduced to focus more on theory and actual manipulation of the systems. Also certain portions like NCI's will be taken out of the syllabus, I also believe for those going Group II PDS will not be taught anymore. They have been fixing the delay problem in the squadron and we are almost completely back to the 47 week syllabus which will be shrinking.

If you have specific questions feel free to ask.

So I'm going keep this simple. I'm a SNFO right now in intermediate (not by choice). I wanted P-3's or E-6's but the needs of the Navy changed those plans fast. I'm at the point where I don't care what pipe line end up in now. For some reason I'm getting more into E-2's. I can't really explain why. I read all the posts here so far. But if someone wants to give a quick pitch why I should go E-2's, maybe my choices would go easier.

OscarMyers

None
Is any if this gouge still relevant? Selected E-2Cs today. Super stoked to have a platform and move forward. I was part of the legacy syllabus fwiw.