• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sued for stopping illegals

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
If you think you can shoot at a person trespassing on your property in Arizona and get away with it you had better not ever bring a gun into the state lest you try to prove your ignorance and end up in jail.

Was referring to the breaking into his home part. The use of deadly force is authorized under that circumstance in AZ under the Castle Doctrine.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he might have a case against the FED.. It appears like he asked for help in resolving this matter, but wasn't given much of a choice but take matters into his own hands to protect his land, property, and family.
Oh sure. And I have a case against the DEA because drugs are sold in my city. If I get hit in my car by a guy speeding I can sue the police for not putting more police on speed enforcement duty too. Right. It doesn't work that way. You can't sue under these circumstances. Your redress is the ballot box and effective representation. An immigration bill was rejected last year. Money was appropriated for fences and sensors. Congressmen can be voted out of office, letters written to senators. You do not sue if your government isn't serving you, YOU CHANGE IT!!! Short of that, you do what you can on your own. That is the American way.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Was referring to the breaking into his home part. The use of deadly force is authorized under that circumstance in AZ under the Castle Doctrine.

I challenge you to link the reference to the so called Castle Doctrine that allows some one to shoot a suspect for breaking into a home. I will say it again more plainly. You are seriously mistaken about not only AZ law, but most every other state. I suppose you are the sort that believes if you shoot someone and he falls out side the house it is best to pull his body half way into the bedroom window.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
i think it would be much easier to just return to the more relaxed immigration laws we had in the earlier 90s. I don't get why its so bad that people want to come here? We would avoid a lot of stupid things like this then.

Stupid things like 9-11-2001?

We could have prevented the political and economic mess caused by our (all but) open borders policy from yesteryear....but we waited too long.

hobiesailor13

pilot
I challenge you to link the reference to the so called Castle Doctrine that allows some one to shoot a suspect for breaking into a home. I will say it again more plainly. You are seriously mistaken about not only AZ law, but most every other state. I suppose you are the sort that believes if you shoot someone and he falls out side the house it is best to pull his body half way into the bedroom window.

"
Sec. 4. Title 13, chapter 4, Arizona Revised Statutes, is amended by adding sections 13-418, 13-419 and 13-420, to read:
13-418. Justification; use of force in defense of residential structure or occupied vehicles; definition
A. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS CHAPTER, A PERSON IS JUSTIFIED IN THREATENING TO USE OR USING PHYSICAL FORCE OR DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE AGAINST ANOTHER PERSON IF THE PERSON REASONABLY BELIEVES HIMSELF OR ANOTHER PERSON TO BE IN IMMINENT PERIL OF DEATH OR SERIOUS PHYSICAL INJURY AND THE PERSON AGAINST WHOM THE PHYSICAL FORCE OR DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE IS THREATENED OR USED WAS IN THE PROCESS OF UNLAWFULLY OR FORCEFULLY ENTERING, OR HAD UNLAWFULLY OR FORCEFULLY ENTERED, A RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE OR OCCUPIED VEHICLE, OR HAD REMOVED OR WAS ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE ANOTHER PERSON AGAINST THE OTHER PERSON'S WILL FROM THE RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE OR OCCUPIED VEHICLE.
B. A PERSON HAS NO DUTY TO RETREAT BEFORE THREATENING OR USING PHYSICAL FORCE OR DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION.
C. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION:
1. "RESIDENTIAL STRUCTURE" HAS THE SAME MEANING PRESCRIBED IN SECTION 13-1501.
2. "VEHICLE" MEANS A CONVEYANCE OF ANY KIND, WHETHER OR NOT MOTORIZED, THAT IS DESIGNED TO TRANSPORT PERSONS OR PROPERTY."

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/47leg/2r/laws/0199.htm

The AZ Castle doctrine reads like most other states, just different language, but the general idea is the same. In your home, you don't have to retreat and can assume someone entering your house or car is threatening you with death or harm therefore can use force including deadly force to defend yourself.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
i think it would be much easier to just return to the more relaxed immigration laws we had in the earlier 90s. I don't get why its so bad that people want to come here? We would avoid a lot of stupid things like this then.

Are YOU a goddamn fool?? Or just totally fucking stupid??

YOU and your attitude(s) are part of the problem ... get a clue or get the fuck out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Somebody walks onto your property, tries to hurt you, you can kill them...
Personally ... I will not be satisfied until the law is revised and amended to stipulate that if someone walks onto my property and tries to "hurt my feelings" ... I can kill them. :)

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Personally ... I will not be satisfied until the law is revised and amended to stipulate that if someone walks onto my property and tries to "hurt my feelings" ... I can kill them. :)

Come to Texas...we are as close to that as you can get:)

Cobra Commander

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
pilot
Are YOU a goddamn fool?? Or just totally fucking stupid??

YOU and your attitude(s) are part of the problem ... get a clue or get the fuck out.

I don't think most people who aren't from the area realize how out of control the immigration issue is. The problem isn't the simple folks coming here to help their families picking oranges. It's the coyotes (human smugglers), the guys carrying bales of drugs on their backs through the desert, and various other scum that comes along with them.

It wasn't too long ago that they had a pickup truck full of illegals run off the highway on the way to Phx. They literally had something close to 40 people packed in the back of that truck and I think 15 of them were dead when they discovered the wreck.

There needs to be some sort of intelligent immigration policy that lets people come and work but keeps bad guys out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
... reality check ...

You said it much more graciously than I ... so thanks for that ... but this stuff REALLY chaps me ... and so do people who are just dog-dumb about the realities down on 'da border.

I'm all for Mexicans and Texicans ... friends in each group ... I just hate illegals and what they are doing to our country.

Aircrew Instruc

None
We can't even help our own people. We have thousands of people losing their homes and jobs because of this economy and we continue to shell out money to help these ILLEGAL mooching fucks. I can not stand this anymore I grew up in Hazleton PA (google it and see how bad the illegal problem is there) where it went from being a quiet mountain town to a damn sewer where my Mom can't even walk down her own street without being afraid for her life because of these assholes. We need to take our damn country back already this is NOT THE UNITED STATES OF FUCKING MEXICO!!!!!!!!