• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

subs to pilot?

ven2010

I was initially selected subs for my service selections as of the 09-10 year. I went to DC and did my best on the interview and failed it. (not on purpose) My first and second choice for service selection was pilot and NFO. I have taken the ASTB and passed it with 5s and a 6. Now i am in limbo and was wondering what happens now? Do i have a good shot at pilot/nfo again? I have herd rumors that the navy can guarantee your first or second choice after going to the interview and not passing. Is this true? Thanks for your advice

ElCidFlyBoy

Yes 100%!!!

I am a Sr. at The Citadel and had Subs as my #4 pick. Me and a very close classmate were "service told" to do an Interview and we headed off to DC. We did not pass our interview (THANK GOD) and were pretty sad about it. My CO, Col. USMC, told us that if we failed we would get our last pick (SWO). We thought we were screwed, BUT, DC informed our CO that we had a "faithful" interview and he told us he would fight to get our #1 or 2 pick (pilot/nfo). Low and behold, about 2 months after our interview we both got Pilot! Never give up and good luck!

~Ben

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
I guess that word "faithful" just about sums up this whole thread. Do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may. I wonder what % get boomers :icon_smil