• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Su-30 video

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
YEAH...that quickstop was more my cup-o-tea~

Good to see that afterwards, however, they have the aerodynamics of an autorotation (fling yourself towards hell at 3000'/min to scare the devil into giving you a chance).

~D

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
valion_pride said:
inpressive just splendid. but i have a question why can't and f-18 a flip like the su-30?

Impressive, just splendid, but I have a question: why can't the F-18 do a flip like the Su-30?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy moonlighting...

Fly Navy said:
Impressive, just splendid, but I have a question: why can't the F-18 do a flip like the Su-30?

English%20writer.GIF

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
This is a Su-30MK

The tell is the canards... note the Su-30 has none:

su30-i.jpg

Su-30MK
Su30MkClimbing.jpg

The -30MK also features thrust vector control (TVC), which allows the nozzles to move for increased nose authority, much like the F(not A)-22.

While a true combat beast in its own right-- not to mention very aesthetically pleasing, unlike most FSU aircraft-- this airshow stunt has little value tactically. I'll let the the experts explain in the last thread where this was shown:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14860

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Fly Navy said:

Impressive, just splendid, but I have a question: why can't the F/A-18 do a flip like the Su-30?

Come on DUDE, you are flying the d@mn thing! ;)

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Harrier Dude said:
Do you really want to know? Or are you testing Fly to see if they taught him anything in the Hornet community?

Yes, I really want to know. :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
FMRAM said:
Yes, I really want to know. :)

"Nose authority" is the physical ability to move the nose around with control, typically in the pitch axis. If you can fly straight and level, and then have your nose 90 deg different in a very short time, you have "great nose authority".

Nose authority is best used in BFM to get weapons aimed at the other guy quickly. If you can aim weapons widely without physically moving your nose (like off-boresight), then you have a good "sensor nose".

I am now standing by for the inevitable technical verbage beat down from the WTIs and FWS grads in the forum.