• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

pleahy15

Yea OHARP is a dream man. I knew a few people who actually did work at OHARP but looking back I (and most of my pals feel the same) should have enjoyed that time off like there was no tomorrow. Now we're all knee deep in the pubs.
Are there some good pubs in Pensacola? There was a great one where I went to college and been looking for a new one ever since.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Florabama as well, if you live on the Perdido side of town.

I dont care where you live, you will go to florabama. Hell, even to milton the lyft is only like 50$. Split that ride with 2 friends and it's less than the money you'll throw away trying to get lucky and fill the last seat in the aforementioned lyft.

If you're looking for more brewery settings Pensacola Bay Brewery is my favorite and Perfect Plain is a bit more upscale but not bad. Theres also a new brewery in Milton called Beardless Brewhaus that's nice.

flgator92

None
Are there some good pubs in Pensacola? There was a great one where I went to college and been looking for a new one ever since.
There are plenty of good bars in Pensacola. You'll have no shortage of places to get your fill on beer and bar food. A word of caution: Some people (and I'm not saying this is you... but just keep this in mind) treat coming to Pensacola like they won an all expense paid vacation and let their work in training slack off. Don't be that guy. I've lived in Florida a long time so the beaches never interested me that much in Pensacola. Living out in Perdido, I've noticed, can give you the illusion you're on vacation to some. I avoided that by finding a place more suburban and inland than beachy and tropical. Everybody is different but something to keep in mind for everyone coming down to Pensacola. Train first, and have fun second.

pleahy15

There are plenty of good bars in Pensacola. You'll have no shortage of places to get your fill on beer and bar food. A word of caution: Some people (and I'm not saying this is you... but just keep this in mind) treat coming to Pensacola like they won an all expense paid vacation and let their work in training slack off. Don't be that guy. I've lived in Florida a long time so the beaches never interested me that much in Pensacola. Living out in Perdido, I've noticed, can give you the illusion you're on vacation to some. I avoided that by finding a place more suburban and inland than beachy and tropical. Everybody is different but something to keep in mind for everyone coming down to Pensacola. Train first, and have fun second.
I appreciate the advice!

OperationChungus

pilot

Perfect Plain is by far my favorite brewery in town. The atmosphere is great and you can bring your pup there too if you have one. I’ve got a friend who works there so the huge employee discount makes it even better!

pleahy15

Perfect Plain is by far my favorite brewery in town. The atmosphere is great and you can bring your pup there too if you have one. I’ve got a friend who works there so the huge employee discount makes it even better!
I love it, that reminds me of a bar in my college town where you would get discounts for bringing in your dog!

BSchroth

Quick question about what watch’s are allowed. I know smart watch’s like Apple Watch are not allowed. I have a garmin 630 running watch that I love and has the best alarm I have ever had. Any chance that they will allow it? Technically it is not a smart watch, no calling capability or internet.

Rocki

ENS/SNA
I've been selected for the November 17th OCS class and I read the FAQ that tells you to bring t-shirts, briefs, etc.

My question is is there anything else not listed I should bring? My recruiter suggested a good iron and some clear nail polish (for threads?).

Plus any tips or wisdom? Thanks.
I went through the May 26th class, listen closely lol. They have plenty of irons, and I would not recommend bringing any supplemented supplies, they will be confiscated as contraband - (you will get them back, later in the process...)

My advice is be a minimalist. Bring your obvious hygiene products (NO IRONS), obvious clothing products (white crew necks and white long socks), besides that; you really don't need much, you will purchase everything necessary there.

OCS is not a mystery supply packing game, they provide you with what you need.