• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

meduses

I just saw some photos on OTC's Facebook page, are we getting Type III's now? Just curious because I thought they were starting to roll those out starting in October.

Type III's are getting issued as of the 25 June class. The 04 June class is in Blueberries but have been issued one set of Type III's.

Your direct deposit should have already been set up when you completed your enlistment documents. But yes bring either a voided check or routing/account numbers in the event you're running into issues (which can happen).
Ok thanks and I do recall setting up direct deposit with my OR. I tried searching this thread but couldn't really find anything; may I bring a small journal with gouge written in it, and phone numbers of family, etc.?

zboy

None
Not a super lot, but Type III's being issued was a big one. Other things include max RPT time being increased to 20 minutes, having to call all staff members Sir/Ma'am until week 7, and a few other small procedures changes.
Wow 20 mins?!! 10 mins was rough. Having to call everyone Sir/Ma'am takes the fun away of watching people call a Gysgt a Senior Chief lol

meduses

Wow 20 mins?!! 10 mins was rough. Having to call everyone Sir/Ma'am takes the fun away of watching people call a Gysgt a Senior Chief lol

Yeah we figured out about the 20 minute rule after some poor dude in my class got a 15+ minute beating in khakis for having his phone in his pocket. Sir/Ma'am is weird, but the rumored reason behind the switch is because it's so hard to see insignia on Type III's.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
Will requesting to go to religious services off base annoy the class team? I know that technically you are allowed to but I've heard mixed things about whether you should in practice; I don't care about it enough to rock the boat (I'm not super religious).

zboy

None
Yeah we figured out about the 20 minute rule after some poor dude in my class got a 15+ minute beating in khakis for having his phone in his pocket. Sir/Ma'am is weird, but the rumored reason behind the switch is because it's so hard to see insignia on Type III's.
Oh man haha getting rpt'd in khakis must have been fun.

zboy

None
Will requesting to go to religious services off base annoy the class team? I know that technically you are allowed to but I've heard mixed things about whether you should in practice; I don't care about it enough to rock the boat (I'm not super religious).
If it's within reason. There were a few people that went off base, but the service was in close proximity to base.

meduses

Oh man haha getting rpt'd in khakis must have been fun.

It's absolutely awful. We got rpt'ed as a class in khakis a couple of times, plus I got some personal beatings in khakis too. It's super tight and uncomfortable to bear crawl or do in & outs, your shirt stays will snap randomly, and then when you get to the end everybody can see how much you've been sweating because you're in freaking khakis. I also always managed to get beat in a freshly prepared pair

zboy

None
It's absolutely awful. We got rpt'ed as a class in khakis a couple of times, plus I got some personal beatings in khakis too. It's super tight and uncomfortable to bear crawl or do in & outs, your shirt stays will snap randomly, and then when you get to the end everybody can see how much you've been sweating because you're in freaking khakis. I also always managed to get beat in a freshly prepared pair
Thankfully our class never had the pleasure of getting beat in khakis. I can't imagine doing in and outs in them, it was hard just tying your shoes lol

What's the order of the IST/ PRT events? Also before the IST have we already done running or exercising? For the pushups are they seeing if arms are 90 degrees or putting a fist underneath me ?

zboy

None
What's the order of the IST/ PRT events? Also before the IST have we already done running or exercising? For the pushups are they seeing if arms are 90 degrees or putting a fist underneath me ?
You do the IST Wednesday of week 1. You don't do anything physical prior to that. Standing at attention for hours and sitting on the deck takes a toll on the body, so make sure to stretch and knock out a few push-ups each night prior. They are starting to let indocs eat in the chow hall right away so at least you'll have good food instead of the awful bag nasties.