• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

ab187

Dumb question but you don't get BAH on OHARP do you?

I'm unmarried and not prior service and I started receiving partial BAH for OHARP as soon as I was commissioned. I've been on the forums for awhile but I wasn't sure what the deal was until it showed up on my LES.

PiperCub49

Stupid questions thread?

Stupid question indeed: I keep seeing lists of things to bring that aren't on the Navy OCS required items list (i.e. baby wipes, good boot socks, etc). The way I understand it, I show up at the sea wall with my civvies and then they basically take everything you have and put it in a bag and put you in your uniform. How do I get the ancillary items to my room? POV run doesn't happen for a long time, obviously.

Ronin88

Must be if you graduate after October first, not if you start after October first you wear type III's. Makes sense with the navy's fiscal year.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Do I have to bring a voided check or can I just having my banking info printed out for setting up direct deposit at OCS?

Your direct deposit should have already been set up when you completed your enlistment documents. But yes bring either a voided check or routing/account numbers in the event you're running into issues (which can happen).