• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

RGONZA14

I haven't been to OCS yet, I'm still waiting on my FINSEL. But my friend graduated from OCS on 6/1, and he had to report on 7/1. So he got about a month in between. Idk if that's across the board for all SWOs but that's been his experience thus far.

Good to know. Thank you for the response. I was also selected from the May SWO board, but I have yet to hear anything about my FINSEL. I know these things take time, but I'm getting really anxious. I wrapped up with my current job last week and I'm hoping to get selected for an August or September OCS class. However, it seems that they're really backed up with SWO's right now.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Good to know. Thank you for the response. I was also selected from the May SWO board, but I have yet to hear anything about my FINSEL. I know these things take time, but I'm getting really anxious. I wrapped up with my current job last week and I'm hoping to get selected for an August or September OCS class. However, it seems that they're really backed up with SWO's right now.

Please don't tell me you quit your job on the assumption of your OCS date being in August/September.

RGONZA14

Please don't tell me you quit your job on the assumption of your OCS date being in August/September.

No, sir. My committment was up and in order to stay any longer I would have had to sign on for an additional two years. I still have an income, given that my employer will be paying me out for the overtime I accrued over the last couple of years. However, I know that sitting around without any work to do is going to drive me crazy, so I'm hoping for an OCS class date in the near future.

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
I haven't been to OCS yet, I'm still waiting on my FINSEL. But my friend graduated from OCS on 6/1, and he had to report on 7/1. So he got about a month in between. Idk if that's across the board for all SWOs but that's been his experience thus far.
I'm a SNA, graduated OCS on 12 MAY, but speaking on behalf of the SWOs in my class most of them reported to their ship or base relatively quickly. A few of the had exactly 7 days to report. I think it all depends on the ship or the particular command. The turnaround is pretty quick if you're a SWO, unlike SNAs.

Caesium

Blue is my favorite color
I'm a SNA, graduated OCS on 12 MAY, but speaking on behalf of the SWOs in my class most of them reported to their ship or base relatively quickly. A few of the had exactly 7 days to report. I think it all depends on the ship or the particular command. The turnaround is pretty quick if you're a SWO, unlike SNAs.
Are SNAs still getting OHARP?

Larick

None
Contributor
Depending on when you graduate OCS the next convening BDOC class will determine your next course of action. If you have some time before you report to BDOC you'll be sent to your ship or stashed somewhere. Chances are your future command will lean towards getting you on the ship.

For your second question, you report back to SWOS in Newport for ADOC after completing your 1st Divo tour (2 years).

RGONZA14

Depending on when you graduate OCS the next convening BDOC class will determine your next course of action. If you have some time before you report to BDOC you'll be sent to your ship or stashed somewhere. Chances are your future command will lean towards getting you on the ship.

For your second question, you report back to SWOS in Newport for ADOC after completing your 1st Divo tour (2 years).

Got it! And BDOC takes places in San Diego?

ScrtSqrl

Can someone please elaborate on what things look like for SWO's after OCS? I've searched the forum but most of the answers I've come across are from several years ago, and I'm not sure if things have changed. Do you report to a ship immediately after OCS, or do you have some time off in between to figure out living arrangements? How long after you report to your ship do you return to Newport for SWOS?[/QUOTE I have a buddy who graduated from OCS earlier this year. After graduation he took leave for 2 weeks of leave and went back home since his orders had him going straight to his ship with no BDOC in route. Following his leave, he found out he was going to a 2-3 week engineering school in RI. After engineering school, he was flown out to meet his ship on deployment.