• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Carina

perhaps a really stupid question, so I guess this is the place to ask. I am prior enlisted and have enjoyed TA which paid for a lot of my BA degree. If accepted to OCS, is TA the same for officers as it is for enlisted? 16 credits a year?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
perhaps a really stupid question, so I guess this is the place to ask. I am prior enlisted and have enjoyed TA which paid for a lot of my BA degree. If accepted to OCS, is TA the same for officers as it is for enlisted? 16 credits a year?

Why use TA when you can go to Naval Postgrad School and not have to worry about any more college debt?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Why use TA when you can go to Naval Postgrad School and not have to worry about any more college debt?
Yup, no need to worry about the extra obligated service from NPGS. You'll just get passed over for promotion due to the not observed fitreps and score some nice severance pay as you use your new grad degree to get a job in the civilian world.

Carina

Yup, no need to worry about the extra obligated service from NPGS. You'll just get passed over for promotion due to the not observed fitreps and score some nice severance pay as you use your new grad degree to get a job in the civilian world.
Definitely will look into it! Of course that's if I get accepted to OCS and after all training and learning whatever the Navy picks me for

AUav8r

Grizzly
pilot
During OCS do you receive the small pox vaccination? I am thinking of getting the shot beforehand.
I think you do but I can't remember as there is an assembly line of shots you get. They go off of your shot record so chances are if you have had it and are up to date you won't need it, and if you do they will hook you up.

olylifter123

I think you do but I can't remember as there is an assembly line of shots you get. They go off of your shot record so chances are if you have had it and are up to date you won't need it, and if you do they will hook you up.
In my case, I looked through my immunization records and under the category "travel immunizations" I have received a few but I am also a bit worried since I have a history of eczema and eczema and the smallpox vaccination do not correlate very well.

olylifter123

Why pay when you can get it for free by Navy Medicine? Or why get one when you might not need one until you deploy.
I am a bit worried with the shot and I have a history of eczema and doing a bit of research the shot and eczema do not mix well. I have a few friends that are in the military,specifically the navy and army and they do have eczema and I am not sure how they went through with the smallpox vaccination.

FormerRecruitingGuru

In my case, I looked through my immunization records and under the category "travel immunizations" I have received a few but I am also a bit worried since I have a history of eczema and eczema and the smallpox vaccination do not correlate very well.

Um, history or current diagnosis of eczema is considered disqualifying...

olylifter123

Um, history or current diagnosis of eczema is considered disqualifying...

I do not have any chances of joining? Long story short, I was in the AFROTC program in my college passed, DODMERB (told them I had eczema and they said I was in the clear), decided to focus more on school than ROTC then apply to OCS after college.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I do not have any chances of joining? Long story short, I was in the AFROTC program in my college passed, DODMERB (told them I had eczema and they said I was in the clear), decided to focus more on school than ROTC then apply to OCS after college.

DODMERB and Air Force have different standards than Navy.