• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Andrew3376

Tone down that millennial attitude. Like seriously.

You asked a question and got an answer including one from an already commissioned officer regarding football. And what do you do to thank them? Give them a fucking attitude about being Tough. Really dude?

If you are worried, offended, or need a safe spot, you really need to reconsider becoming an officer. Coming to OCS, flight school, and ultimately the fleet with that sort of attitude will get you singled out and even attempted to get washed out. Get tough.

Since you brought up football, get ready to miss a ton of games in your naval career. Better yet, get ready to miss some significant events in your life, anywhere from anniversaries to the birth of a child. Its part of the business that we signed up for.
Okay, okay, I'll get off your lawn.

Not going to entertain your formed opinion about me off of one post in a thread, you know nothing about who I am.

@Outdoorsman and I have since messaged each other privately and chalked this up as a miscommunication

Outdoorsman

What Rufio said is very valuable, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. OCS isn't the place to argue or even question those over you. There are several evolutions that are very... discretionary on the staff members opinions while evaluating you.

When you get chewed out its best to just say "aye sir" and then think about what was said later on your time. You're going to have a bad time if you argue. Humility isn't an option, it's a necessity.

In addition, you should always keep in mind the impression you're creating for yourself. Even if you don't really feel that way, if you present yourself a certain way ultimately that's all that matters. You're going to be viewed that way. And how you're viewed the Navy is viewed. It's a big deal, and something worth spending some time thinking about.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Okay, okay, I'll get off your lawn.

Not going to entertain your formed opinion about me off of one post in a thread, you know nothing about who I am.

@Outdoorsman and I have since messaged each other privately and chalked this up as a miscommunication

I'm not joking, shutting up is the best thing you can do now. Talking back to an officer or enlisted instructor at OCS and beyond is going to get you in a world of pain. What I'm telling you is VALUABLE information as you grow to become an officer. Roger up, shut up, take a mental note, and move on.

Noah G. Smith

I tried looking through this thread for this question, but couldnt find the answer. I bought these white crew under armor socks and they have a logo on the part that goes on your calf. will this be a big deal?

Outdoorsman

I tried looking through this thread for this question, but couldnt find the answer. I bought these white crew under armor socks and they have a logo on the part that goes on your calf. will this be a big deal?

If you can see the logo when you have your shoes on, then yes.

I recommend buying some small, tight white t shirts. The ones they give you kinda suck and you want the neck to be tight when you're wearing your khakis.

Last edited:

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Bully Rufio at it again

Rufio is a valued member of this site. He takes time out of his day to provide accurate and current information to new applicants. I'm sorry that you feel he is a bully, but I would disagree with your characterization. His manner might be a bit rough around the edges, but welcome to life. In my experience, bullies don't tend to be very helpful, which is the opposite of Rufio's contributions to this site.

The Navy is full of good, helpful, and dedicated people who are rough around the edges that you will be leading as an officer. If you can't handle that you might consider rethinking your life plans.

Outdoorsman

Not only that but how are people going to deal with a marine corps DI a quarter inch away from their face screaming about how worthless they are and to get on their face and start pushing when they get to OCS if stern words (and helpful ones from an experienced officer at that) offend them on the Internet?

This is, no crap, the military. Words don't hurt us, bullets do. There will be far more serious things that we will have to deal with during our careers than getting riled up over somebody trying to help you. Just my 2 cents. (Which are worth considerably less than people like Rufios)