• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
I am sorry. I am an active duty right now. So i am applying from fleet side. And my CCC doesn't know either.

Oh that is a difficult situation, I hope you can get everything ironed out. I do not know if the transcript process is different for you coming from the fleet, hopefully an informative mod takes kindly to your issue and jumps in with an answer for you. I did not intend to come off cutting in my original reply to you, I hope you get the answers you need.

dahlel

Came to the darkside
pilot
I am new to the forum. I am trying to apply for OCS in few months. Applying for OCS, how do I send my official transcripts? Do I send the transcript along with my OCS package or do I have to send the transcript directly to board from my school? Please help. Thanks.

You can scan them into the PDF copy you make of your package and email it to the processors OR you can have the transcripts sent to you. Google "Iwantmytranscipts.com", that site works with most schools to request transcripts. I suggest requesting a few copies.

If you need to scan them, obviously open them, but have them notarized by you Admin dept/Legal O as certified original.
If you don't scan them and mail them with a paper package DO NOT OPEN THEM, they are not "official" once opened.

The transcripts must show the "Date Conferred" meaning date you were awarded the degree as well to be the real deal.

gurkha

Thank you Dahlel. I will get official transcripts sent to me from college, then mail it along with my package. Thanks for the help.

Gator Guard

always knife hands
This might be old news, but OCS has fancy new ball caps and the canteens are clear plastic for all incoming classes.

No more sunburned domes or sneaking energy shots into canteens as the NEX.

LSworld

I am new to the forum. I am trying to apply for OCS in few months. Applying for OCS, how do I send my official transcripts? Do I send the transcript along with my OCS package or do I have to send the transcript directly to board from my school? Please help. Thanks.

have your university mail the transcript to you and then you can bring the unopened letter to admin so they can open and stamp it as a "certified to be true" copy. that's how I did mine.

Andrew3376

I have a stupid question:

Being a huge college football fan, I was wondering if there will ever be a chance on Saturdays to catch a couple games. Will we be completely disconnected from everything going on outside of Newport, or will there be a chance to see some games? I'm hopeful to get to OCS this fall and just hoping I'll still be able to enjoy some football.

egiv

Being a huge college football fan, I was wondering if there will ever be a chance on Saturdays to catch a couple games. Will we be completely disconnected from everything going on outside of Newport, or will there be a chance to see some games? I'm hopeful to get to OCS this fall and just hoping I'll still be able to enjoy some football.

LOL

... it was a joke, right?

Outdoorsman

You won't even know what time it is for the whole first phase, let alone be able to watch TV. And if there's a game on in the chow hall I highly recommend not getting caught looking at it.

Once you hit Candio phase you can watch the games when you're on Liberty though.

Andrew3376

You should ask the Gunnery Sergeants if you can watch football when you get to OCS.
Look, I guess what I'm trying to ask is what it's like on the weekends at ocs. I've never been, so I wouldn't know. You guys are so quick to establish a tough guy persona...kind of sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Outdoorsman

It's not being a tough guy it's just funny to think about being able to chill and watch football at OCS. You'll understand.

Saturdays are training days, and many times your class team or at least one of them will still be there. You wont PT but you'll still be working / drilling. Sunday's you have a couple hours to go to religious services and eat a doughnut and have some coffee. The services are your only real down time. Besides that your most relaxing time will be if your class team isn't in the chow hall with you and you're still just sitting there with a thousand yard stare not speaking.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Look, I guess what I'm trying to ask is what it's like on the weekends at ocs. I've never been, so I wouldn't know. You guys are so quick to establish a tough guy persona...kind of sad

Tone down that millennial attitude. Like seriously.

You asked a question and got an answer including one from an already commissioned officer regarding football. And what do you do to thank them? Give them a fucking attitude about being Tough. Really dude?

If you are worried, offended, or need a safe spot, you really need to reconsider becoming an officer. Coming to OCS, flight school, and ultimately the fleet with that sort of attitude will get you singled out and even attempted to get washed out. Get tough.

Since you brought up football, get ready to miss a ton of games in your naval career. Better yet, get ready to miss some significant events in your life, anywhere from anniversaries to the birth of a child. Its part of the business that we signed up for.