• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Boxer briefs will work. They will not see your underwear.
No more being braced in your skivvies holding your sheets up to see who pissed their beds after the DI threw trash cans the passageway at 0400 to rudely wake you up during poopie week?

Or folding your never to be wore tighty whites in perfect 4 inch starch & ironed squares for RLP just so the DI can rip your locker to shreds and PT the shit out of you for a couple of hours regardless of how perfect you and your locker were?

Where is the fun in that?

Guess it was an AOCS thing.

Tell me they at least bury every piece of your rifle in different places around the barracks so you spend the next week or so getting shit on and PTed every 5 minutes until you find it all? And then have you hold the A4 tailhook over your head for an hour or so as a final punishment because they don't want you getting off too easy?

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Another very stupid question: Guys don't need to bring tighty whities, correct? Just grey/white/black boxer briefs would work?
Thank you!

I wanted the full experience with the whitey tighties, perhaps because I didn't know any better. But buy light colored underwear in case you have to wear your whites. You will get many chances to buy stuff at the NEX so don't worry too much about it.

AB6

Haha! Thanks for the help guys.

Perhaps the stupidest question yet: If you have to piss in the middle of the night, can you get up and go? I read in an old thread that if you get "caught" you will be "punished"

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Haha! Thanks for the help guys.
Perhaps the stupidest question yet: If you have to piss in the middle of the night, can you get up and go? I read in an old thread that if you get "caught" you will be "punished"

Just like Splonk said, it's build like a suite where you have your own shower and head but two rooms are interconnected in the shower section. Also, they will not "deny" you a head call for the most part since you'll be constantly chugging water. It's a good time.

Reactions: AB6

romoth

Most of the SNA's that I have heard of getting redes on this forum have picked SWO, has anyone ever heard of a SNA redesing into Intel?

JonSmith89

Another 60R Driver
pilot
Most of the SNA's that I have heard of getting redes on this forum have picked SWO, has anyone ever heard of a SNA redesing into Intel?

The Navy will put you where they need you, it also depends on why you had to redes (Medical, failure, physically unfit, etc). To answer your question outright I had one friend redes Intel in API.

romoth

"The Navy will put you where they need you", This is about what I expected to hear. Thank you for sharing your experiences, dont think i will have to redes but making sure I have a plan B and C.

romoth

Did they ask you if you wanted Intel or did you ask for it? How does the redes process work? What caused you to do so?

lliesemeyer

when you are NPQ you get to choose what community you want to apply to, I got lucky with intel. I got the NAMI whammy, a meniscus surgery from 2011 which I've never had an issue with disqualified me on graduation day. You are not guaranteed redes, you have to apply for it. That being said you will probably be allowed to go SWO.

romoth

Ouch, thats rough. I wonder why you were NPQ, I thought that the meniscus surgery with documentation and as long as you had no issues was wavierable.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
I got the NAMI whammy, a meniscus surgery from 2011 which I've never had an issue with disqualified me on graduation day.
Damn, must have been too recent or something (or NAMI woke up on the wrong side of the bed). I had a quarter of mine cut out in 2006 and provided all the medical and rehab paperwork and proof of playing several sports after and had zero issues. I don't even remember having to submit a waiver.