• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

romoth

My OR told be to expect OHARP, saw on here somewhere not to long ago that time between OCS and API was averaging 3 months.

TheBirdy

pilot
When my class graduated, JAN22, SNFOs got 1.5 weeks of OHARP and then had to check-in at Pensacola. SNAs got 6 weeks of OHARP. Been hearing that the average wait time to class up for API is 2.5 months after check-in.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator
If we are assigned OHARP, where do we need to be? My closest recruiting station is in Tampa, FL, which is a 1.5 hour drive from home. I have a rudimentary understanding of OHARP, so I might be missing something here.

romoth

I was told that you would have to report to the NRD first and that they would assign you to a recruiting station closer to where you live.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was told that you would have to report to the NRD first and that they would assign you to a recruiting station closer to where you live.

You check in to headquarters the first day for admin/stamp orders and then after get assigned to the Division Officer who covers the area where you're residing. From there they'll tell you where to go and what to do while in OHARP.

For the previous poster 1.5 hours away, it truly depends but more times than not you'll just phone/text muster (aka check-in) with the OR or Division Officer instead of driving 3 hours every day.

exNavyOffRec

You check in to headquarters the first day for admin/stamp orders and then after get assigned to the Division Officer who covers the area where you're residing. From there they'll tell you where to go and what to do while in OHARP.

For the previous poster 1.5 hours away, it truly depends but more times than not you'll just phone/text muster (aka check-in) with the OR or Division Officer instead of driving 3 hours every day.

When I had just arrived on recruiting something had gone on/happened where NRC via phone conference put out all OHARP or stashed ensigns had to have in person muster each day with the OR or HQ.

It was relaxed several months later but even then they were having to work at some type of recruiting station, we ended up being more relaxed on it, but some of the stash ensigns had friends who were at NRD's that wanted them to work with an OR every day.

BPeterson93

Soon to be Naval Aviator

Okay that makes sense. I didn't have an issue with the driving back and forth, really but I wanted to get a general idea if I had to live in Tampa for OHARP, or if I could stay where I've been and commute.

I'll be able to get more insight once I'm closer to it. Sunday is the day for check in. Thanks for the help.

speedroller

Rangers
Studying the OCR and appendix B, I understand what I am suppose to know verbatim. However, the rank structures, are we expected to describe verbatim the collar device, shoulder board and sleeve insignia?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Yes, but unless they changed it, there are some minor inconsistencies ("one gold five-pointed star" vs. "one five-pointed gold star"), so your class team/candi-os may or may not have you do it by the book, which means you won't know until you get there.

NicNakPaddywhak

pilot
Studying the OCR and appendix B, I understand what I am suppose to know verbatim. However, the rank structures, are we expected to describe verbatim the collar device, shoulder board and sleeve insignia?

Yes, but unless they changed it, there are some minor inconsistencies ("one gold five-pointed star" vs. "one five-pointed gold star"), so your class team/candi-os may or may not have you do it by the book, which means you won't know until you get there.

Related: it seems that the Chain of Command changes as far as how many/which posts are required knowledge every few classes, so my strategy here is to know the framework pretty well and know the top of the chain, but wait until I arrive to study the remainder in depth (I already have most of App B memorized except maybe Levels of Warfare), is there a better strategy for this info?

jay_navy

Is there a Navy OCS reg. that tells you the 'Board application' age cut-off for a applying for a pilot slot? I know its commission by 29 (w/ age waiver) to apply for SNA and I turn 28 this JUNE. In the USAF, <28 yrs. old is the age cutoff by the time of the Pilot selection board (THIS JULY) and I'm wondering if the Navy has a similar instruction I cannot find anywhere?

This USAF instruction just burned my Silver wings bridge and now I'm looking back into the 'Naval Aviation.' The age cutoff for AF drone pilot is 35, but that's my last resort. I'd consider flying for the Army before that. The only cool thing about the AF is that they give you credit for flight hours (I could've gotten 9 out of 10 possible points) for flight hours. I've read numerous times around AW that the Navy does not really give you much credit for flight hours.

exNavyOffRec

Is there a Navy OCS reg. that tells you the 'Board application' age cut-off for a applying for a pilot slot? I know its commission by 29 (w/ age waiver) to apply for SNA and I turn 28 this JUNE. In the USAF, <28 yrs. old is the age cutoff by the time of the Pilot selection board (THIS JULY) and I'm wondering if the Navy has a similar instruction I cannot find anywhere?

This USAF instruction just burned my Silver wings bridge and now I'm looking back into the 'Naval Aviation.' The age cutoff for AF drone pilot is 35, but that's my last resort. I'd consider flying for the Army before that. The only cool thing about the AF is that they give you credit for flight hours (I could've gotten 9 out of 10 possible points) for flight hours. I've read numerous times around AW that the Navy does not really give you much credit for flight hours.

take the ASTB, score well and you will be fine