• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

stargazer793

I read through this entire thread (all 286 pages) and have some questions.

1) Do I still need to place my bag in a shipmates car or is there a storage room (I will not be driving there.....I will pick up my car after graduation)?

2) How harsh is the first PRT when I get there graded? Do they still deduct pushup/curls after they have been counted? Should I just hit the minimum and then quit? Knifehands, etc?

3) Anything wrong with reporting in very comfortable clothes (i.e. sweatpants and a hoodie)?

V/R

SmokeNewports

In all honesty I would suggest placing your bag in the storage room. Just in case anything happens or you need something its going to be a lot easier getting into the lucky bag room than it is going to a car. The first prt really isn't too bad when grading. They wont' deduct pushups if you don't have knifehands but they will scream at you for that. They do reserve the right to take away pushups/curlups after they have been counted but again this is usually in cases where the person really is not doing what they should be doing. If you have a di/chief screaming at you about form at least make it tight for the next 10 and they will almost always walk away its when they see you don't fix it. I wouldn't say there is anything particularly wrong with wearing comfortable clothes but I have never seen someone check in with sweatpants. I believe that first day you will meet with the XO (could be the second day) and he will talk with you guys a bit so thats a little incentive to wear decent clothing

Igloojam

pilot
Prior Service folks... Do you need to bring your medical records from your previous branch to OCS? The recruiter is telling me no because you're starting new with the navy. Any one?

Bosshoag

Hello everyone, sorry for jumping in the conversation on a new topic. I have a question about graduation recency and application for OCS. So I've read somewhere online but I can't remember where, and I can't find it anymore, that you have a (12 month) limit after graduation to the time you start your package for OCS. After this period, you are no longer eligible to apply. The recruiter I've talked to is somewhat new and have heard nothing about this instruction. Therefore, I want to be 100% certain before moving forward from anyone who may have heard or read this. I graduated almost a year ago and was busy with other things so my application process got delayed (taking ASTB etc.). I'm aiming for SNA/NFO/Intel in that order. I have a BS in Aeronautics with 4 years prior AD time, NAVRES affiliation and 150+ FW experience.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
I graduated college in 2010 and just submitted my application about five years later in November for supply officer. I received my final select letter in January and report to OCS in March. I have no prior military experience. My recruiter said my 4 years of accounting experience since I graduated with a BS in accounting and finance would consider me highly qualified. Makes sense since my gpa was kinda low..

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
I graduated college in 2010 and just submitted my application about five years later in November for supply officer. I received my final select letter in January and report to OCS in March. I have no prior military experience. My recruiter said my 4 years of accounting experience since I graduated with a BS in accounting and finance would consider me highly qualified. Makes sense since my gpa was kinda low..
Are you in the March 27th class? If you are we have a thread and Facebook. I'll also be going for supply.

exNavyOffRec

I have had several picked up Supply with no experience and what would be considered not relevant degrees, I doubt they cared much about your experience since Supply does such a wide variety of things, but from your other post this is what really helped you, your good LOR's, your eagle scout, and I think there was something else, but those are things you had in common with most of my Supply selections.

Bosshoag

I have had several picked up Supply with no experience and what would be considered not relevant degrees, I doubt they cared much about your experience since Supply does such a wide variety of things, but from your other post this is what really helped you, your good LOR's, your eagle scout, and I think there was something else, but those are things you had in common with most of my Supply selections.
The other thing that was decent may have been my OAR score. I was told a 56 was pretty decent and I'm pretty happy with it. Thank you for dumbing down my response and the opinion of my recruiter. I'm sure the packet as a whole was observed and appreciated. There's no need to say portions are irrelevant and they didn't care one way or another.

Last edited:

Crqpilot

So I've searched around and haven't been able to find any current information about this topic. With the high selection rates lately is it safe to assume after OCS you will be an OHARP for a few months until API?

Also, what is the minimum time they can give you to go from Newport to Pensacola?

Thanks.